2 years passed the age…..

Home Forums Relationships 2 years passed the age…..

This topic contains 32 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of Haki Haki 3 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    precious_rose
    Participant

I wanted to get married!…Now, I am starting to wonder if I’ll ever get married.*sad* Not about not tying the knot..sad, that things didn’t go according to plan. Oh well!! I’m only almost a granny…:P

Did anyone actually married or settle down closed to their “persume” age? Are you happy with it? Are you starting to regret or wished, you’ve waited a little longer?

P.S…just wondering…as I am getting older.

[Message last modified 10-16-2011 06:52pm by precious_rose]

[Message last modified 10-17-2011 12:56am by precious_rose]

Please, GOD be with ME!:)
    sampheap
    Participant

I laugh every time I read you posts. :) You said you’re getting old, so how old are you now if you do not mind me asking? But hey, you don’t have to answer it here. Just curious since you wanted to get married so bad :)

[i]Originally posted by precious_rose[/i]
    I wanted to get married!…Now, I am starting to wonder if I’ll ever get married.*sad* Not about not tying the nod..sad, that things didn’t go according to plan. Oh well!! I’m only almost a granny…:P

Did anyone actually married or settle down closed to their “persume” age? Are you happy with it? Are you starting to regret or wished, you’ve waited a little longer?

precious_rose
    Participant

Originally posted by sampheap
    I laugh every time I read you posts. :) You said you’re getting old, so how old are you now if you do not mind me asking? But hey, you don’t have to answer it here. Just curious since you wanted to get married so bad :)

Originally posted by sampheap

Hello, sampheap! To answer your question, but first..alow me to clearify…. If i had wanted to get married…I wouldn’t be single till now;)…When I was younger( too much thai series, I believe:P) I had thought I would marry in my early 20s..as I got older, I realized, marriage doesn’t give or garantee “happily ever after”, thus why I am still not off the market. I am 25, btw. I asked, b/c of women( not all) having the tendency to have a target age for marriage…and it doesn’t always plan out.

Please don’t take my comments and questions too seriously….unless, stated otherwise!:)

[Message last modified 10-16-2011 07:38pm by precious_rose]

[Message last modified 10-17-2011 03:29am by precious_rose]

[Message last modified 10-17-2011 03:30am by precious_rose]

bEeFVWCorrado
    Participant

I wanted to get married!…Now, I am starting to wonder if I’ll ever get married.*sad* Not about not tying the nod..sad, that things didn’t go according to plan. Oh well!! I’m only almost a granny…:P

I wanted to get married at a certain age when I was young…like before 30. Now, I’m hitting that age and I find myself less likely to get married, even though I want to seriously get married this time around, just because I became more selective in terms of future, compatibility, etc…more experience in life means u look at more in a person. But, I’m pretty confident that I would actually marry a girl if that should come up instead of shying from it. But I would rather not marry if I was to settle for someone who is not a good person. I don’t think I’m getting married on schedule if I ever do. With the military, I can only wish myself luck.

[Message last modified 10-16-2011 07:54pm by bEeFVWCorrado]

precious_rose
    Participant

I wanted to get married at a certain age when I was young…like before 30. Now, I’m hitting that age and I find myself less likely to get married, even though I want to seriously get married this time around, just because I became more selective in terms of future, compatibility, etc…more experience in life means u look at more in a person. But, I’m pretty confident that I would actually marry a girl if that should come up instead of shying from it. But I would rather not marry if I was to settle for someone who is not a good person. I don’t think I’m getting married on schedule if I ever do. With the military, I can only wish myself luck.

[Message last modified 10-16-2011 07:54pm by bEeFVWCorrado][/quote]

You sound like a very decent man! I am sure you’ll get a good woman in the future, when that time comes..if not, I am alwaya available…jk.

Once again, be safe in the army and thanks for protecting America! God bless ya!:)

impact
    Participant

I wanted to get married!…Now, I am starting to wonder if I’ll ever get married.*sad* Not about not tying the knot..sad, that things didn’t go according to plan. Oh well!! I’m only almost a granny…:P

I’m still single while everyone else is have plenty of grand kids..LOL

[Message last modified 10-17-2011 02:07am by impact]

khmswtguy
    Participant

my advice don’t wait til you 30, well 25 up lol year by years you start to feel that you with someone and notting seem to happen of if you’re single you feeling lonely sometime.goodluck get married and have babies.

khmswtguy
    Participant

I’m single… are you?

precious_rose
    Participant

[i]Originally posted by khmswtguy[/i]
    my advice don’t wait til you 30, well 25 up lol year by years you start to feel that you with someone and notting seem to happen of if you’re single you feeling lonely sometime.goodluck get married and have babies.

It is lonesome at times, yet, the single life also is enjoyable. (no headache from fighting/arguing with SO, etc.) Thanks for the warm regrads, Khmswtguy. If i am not married this life, I can always be a nun…:p

Alynne
    Participant

lol sweetheart, you still look young really. Even though you’re two years older than before, but you still look the same..pretty as always. And, maybe you’re right. Sometimes you feel lonesome..even when you know that someone is there for you. My soulmate, it puts a smile on my face and take me through the day by just thinking of him. But somehow im sad because soulmate is just a soulmate. We know there’s no chance for us to be more than that. That truth hurts yet im happy. ;)

by the way, i believe you’ll meet the right him soon. make a kid and introduce my nice/nephew to me ok? ;D

precious_rose
    Participant

Sweet maless, oun srey?:D Thanks,dear! I don’t want to be married now, not ready. Bong was just WONDERING if anyone actually married at the age they had in mind. Forget about bong, you give bong kmouy pross and srey, this bong srey need a chance to be “om” for a change..hehe.

Don’t be sad, sweety, we are allow to be with our soulmate. Just make it work, nothing is stronger than will power!:)

[i]Originally posted by Reaksmey[/i]
    lol sweetheart, you still look young really. Even though you’re two years older than before, but you still look the same..pretty as always. And, maybe you’re right. Sometimes you feel lonesome..even when you know that someone is there for you. My soulmate, it puts a smile on my face and take me through the day by just thinking of him. But somehow im sad because soulmate is just a soulmate. We know there’s no chance for us to be more than that. That truth hurts yet im happy. ;)

by the way, i believe you’ll meet the right him soon. make a kid and introduce my nice/nephew to me ok? ;D

bEeFVWCorrado
    Participant

[Message last modified 10-16-2011 07:54pm by bEeFVWCorrado]

You sound like a very decent man! I am sure you’ll get a good woman in the future, when that time comes..if not, I am alwaya available…jk.

Once again, be safe in the army and thanks for protecting America! God bless ya!:)
    [/quote]

rose, thanks! you seems like a good woman yourself…be patient! I’ll take u up on that offer when the times comes lol I doubt you’ll be single for long tho…you will feel this way for now because you put so much hope in your previous relationship, but things seems to work out when u least expected it, and for the best!

sampheap
    Participant

Aww you sound just like me, Rose. :) I had always wanted to have kid in my early 20s lol. Rose, you’re still young, younger than me I can tell. :)

Originally posted by precious_rose

Hello, sampheap! To answer your question, but first..alow me to clearify…. If i had wanted to get married…I wouldn’t be single till now;)…When I was younger( too much thai series, I believe:P) I had thought I would marry in my early 20s..as I got older, I realized, marriage doesn’t give or garantee “happily ever after”, thus why I am still not off the market. I am 25, btw. I asked, b/c of women( not all) having the tendency to have a target age for marriage…and it doesn’t always plan out.

Please don’t take my comments and questions too seriously….unless, stated otherwise!:)

SnowGlobe
    Participant

I use to dream about getting a degree at the age of 22, married at 23, kids (two actually by 25, and heading a company with a CEO title. I travelled instead of for some time before even going back to school, I’m the only one out of my friends with no kids, and found any excuse to leave a relationship when things got serious. I use to see it as failure but looking back, I didn’t realize my dreams started changing.

NEVER settle for the sake of settling.

precious_rose
    Participant

[i]Originally posted by impact[/i]

I’m still single while everyone else is have plenty of grand kids..LOL

[Message last modified 10-17-2011 02:07am by impact]

LOL..awww, you’re not alone! wink!…:P

precious_rose
    Participant

Thank you for the sweet words, na! I don’t put much into relationship, actually…thus why I am a loser..err..loner! hehe. I am quite content and yes, good things come when you least expect it. :)

[i]Originally posted by bEeFVWCorrado[/i]

rose, thanks! you seems like a good woman yourself…be patient! I’ll take u up on that offer when the times comes lol I doubt you’ll be single for long tho…you will feel this way for now because you put so much hope in your previous relationship, but things seems to work out when u least expected it, and for the best![/quote]

precious_rose
    Participant

[i]Originally posted by sampheap[/i]
    Aww you sound just like me, Rose. :) I had always wanted to have kid in my early 20s lol. Rose, you’re still young, younger than me I can tell. :)

Hehe, Sampheap!:D I suppose we are, sexy lady. I like the pix on your hp, btw. You are PRETTY!:) Me, young? Not so sure (age wise, I doubt I am younger) hehe. I just look younger than my age:P

precious_rose
    Participant

Wise woman! I agreed…settle down when you are ready. :)

[i]Originally posted by SnowGlobe[/i]

I use to dream about getting a degree at the age of 22, married at 23, kids (two actually by 25, and heading a company with a CEO title. I travelled instead of for some time before even going back to school, I’m the only one out of my friends with no kids, and found any excuse to leave a relationship when things got serious. I use to see it as failure but looking back, I didn’t realize my dreams started changing.

Mercury
    Participant

I never set an age to get married.
    My way of thinking is marry when you’ve found the right one. :)

sapphirise
    Participant

me too. how can i set an age to marry when i don’t have a partner? it make more sense if i’m in a relationship and we plan to get marry by this so and so.

[i]Originally posted by Mercury-Star[/i]

sampheap
    Participant

Thank you. :) You said you’re now 25 so 1 year younger than me. Trust me you’re still young :)

[quote]
    [i]Originally posted by sampheap[/i]

Hehe, Sampheap!:D I suppose we are, sexy lady. I like the pix on your hp, btw. You are PRETTY!:) Me, young? Not so sure (age wise, I doubt I am younger) hehe. I just look younger than my age:P

[/quote]

pR3nCess
    Participant

nah. after watching one of my brothers go through wives like socks…no, thanks. he’s with wife #4. no marriage in my foreseeable future.

if i have to then i’ll wait til i’m 75 or 80 years old. i wouldn’t care by then.

BophaSeanghong
    Participant

I’ve seen people like your brother and I have to wonder, but then there are many of them around.

[i]Originally posted by pR3nCess[/i]
    nah. after watching one of my brothers go through wives like socks…no, thanks. he’s with wife #4. no marriage in my foreseeable future.

if i have to then i’ll wait til i’m 75 or 80 years old. i wouldn’t care by then.

Sovie
    Participant

It’s funny because I had a very similar dream. BSc by 22, married at 25, MD at 26, Kids soon after. I spent a lot of time on my degree because I felt like I was only going through the motions and wasn’t really passionate about things. I spoke to a lot of people and contemplated even more. In the end, my path took a 180 turn and I ended up in a totally different field than what I initially expected. I worried about catching up when I finally finished my degree but I’ve been pretty lucky and have had a lot of help. My dreams continue to change because my ambition won’t ever let me settle but it’s a good feeling to be at this stage in my life. Success in relationships came earlier for me but success in finding myself came only recently.

http://bobbleheaddiary.wordpress.com/
    SnowGlobe
    Participant

I just finished reading your update. Looking to get into the Investment side of life? I want to do the complete opposite. I went into a private firm with some advisors and contracted my skills out to corporate…not what I was expecting and the work become mundane. Time to dream of a different dream.
    Keep shooting for the moon; you’re already in the stars.

[i]Originally posted by Sovie[/i]
    It’s funny because I had a very similar dream. BSc by 22, married at 25, MD at 26, Kids soon after. I spent a lot of time on my degree because I felt like I was only going through the motions and wasn’t really passionate about things. I spoke to a lot of people and contemplated even more. In the end, my path took a 180 turn and I ended up in a totally different field than what I initially expected. I worried about catching up when I finally finished my degree but I’ve been pretty lucky and have had a lot of help. My dreams continue to change because my ambition won’t ever let me settle but it’s a good feeling to be at this stage in my life. Success in relationships came earlier for me but success in finding myself came only recently.

Sovie
    Participant

Thanks for the kind words, shooting is even more fun when you see other stars travelling with you.

I’m actually already in Investments but like you, I find it boring. I want something more high-level. Ideally I’d love to travel, work on presentations or different projects. I was thinking either Mergers & Acquisitions or Consulting. I even thought of Executive Office at one point but the politics of it all is too much. I’d rather be rewarded for my achievements versus who I can get to like me. Right now though, I need to get myself into an MBA program. I’m dreading going back to school but I need to in order to get to the next level.

Have you figured out what your next dream is yet?

Originally posted by SnowGlobe

I just finished reading your update. Looking to get into the Investment side of life? I want to do the complete opposite. I went into a private firm with some advisors and contracted my skills out to corporate…not what I was expecting and the work become mundane. Time to dream of a different dream.
    quote]

http://bobbleheaddiary.wordpress.com/
    SnowGlobe
    Participant

Mergers & Acquisitions – reminds me of when:
    Mom telling to become a lawyer so I can profit from always winning a battle. I told her I would become a divorce lawyer. The look on her face was priceless.

‘…shooting is even more fun when you see other stars travelling with you’ super sweet of you. I’m a bit more selfish. When I have a goal, my mind sees only the target. As long as I don’t step on any toes, I’m good to go haha.

I don’t know what the future has in store but the hubbys’ been suggesting buying a franchise. I told him to go back to the drawing board and produce something more tangible. He needed to work out the loop holes, so we don’t end up paupers.

[i]Originally posted by Sovie[/i]
    Thanks for the kind words, shooting is even more fun when you see other stars travelling with you.

I’m actually already in Investments but like you, I find it boring. I want something more high-level. Ideally I’d love to travel, work on presentations or different projects. I was thinking either Mergers & Acquisitions or Consulting. I even thought of Executive Office at one point but the politics of it all is too much. I’d rather be rewarded for my achievements versus who I can get to like me. Right now though, I need to get myself into an MBA program. I’m dreading going back to school but I need to in order to get to the next level.

Have you figured out what your next dream is yet?

[quote]

quote]

NesaiBong
    Participant

2 years pass the age?? What age? Age is just a number, finding someone you can live with and love with all your heart are more important..yapmane koun kmeng 1 nis..lolz..by the way, how is the big sis? Any kid(s)?

Sy123
    Participant

Aren’t you like 15? lol

precious_rose
    Participant

Hi, jah!:) How have you been and I am NOT koun kmeng. lol. Yes, LOVE(COMPATIBILITY) are correct! You is much more important than just settling down. As for big sis, she has a daugther(Soriya) a little over the age of one. How about yourself, jah? Any kmouy for this paoun srey?:D

Originally posted by NesaiBong
    2 years pass the age?? What age? Age is just a number, finding someone you can live with and love with all your heart are more important..yapmane koun kmeng 1 nis..lolz..by the way, how is the big sis? Any kid(s)?

[Message last modified 10-30-2011 03:27am by precious_rose]

precious_rose
    Participant

Agreed, lovely!:)

[i]Originally posted by Mercury-Star[/i]

precious_rose
    Participant

LOL..Very funny! Yes, 10 years ago I was that age:P…:D

Originally posted by Sy123
    Aren’t you like 15? lol

Haki
    Participant

I got married when I was 19. I have to say that was too early. At that time, I don’t think that I married her for the right reasons.

If I ever get a chance to marry again and find a compatible partner, I would have to be 110% sure this time. It’s kind of embarassing to say that I am divorced. When people hear that they might think that I did something wrong or was a bad person or something. It feels like I failed a test in school or something like that. Lol!

However, I believe it’s never too late to get married and there is no ‘right’ age. There is a right TIME, not age.

[Message last modified 11-21-2011 11:39pm by Haki]

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)