$5 question

Home Forums The Chatterbox $5 question

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of KhmerCasanova KhmerCasanova 4 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    leang_grel
    Participant

Who gives $5.00 to the custom officers at Pochentong airport?
    And why you gave them?

leang_grel
    Participant

As for me, I did not give them the $5.00. I spoke English to them. Each time they asked me for money I responded in English louder. After the third response, they let me go.

quotesman7
    Participant

What was the reason they asked you for the money? And what were their duties?

Khmer_Ryder
    Participant

I’ll keep this in mind

[i]Originally posted by leang_grel[/i]
    As for me, I did not give them the $5.00. I spoke English to them. Each time they asked me for money I responded in English louder. After the third response, they let me go.

Kadin

They spoke english to me.
    But right after they looked at my passport, they expected me to speak khmer back.

I gave the the $5 because:

1. he probably needed it to hold on to his job. Most likely, the guy was just one of the little people who was trying to “survive”.

2. while he was asking for my 5 buck, 2-3 of his friends were holding on to my luggages. Although, I had nothing illegal in them, I wouldn’t want those people to dig into my belongings.

3. It’s not every day I get to see my relatives. They usually await anxiously to see me.
    I want to get out of the airport ASAP so that i can see them.

4. I plan return to Cambodia often. There’s no need to make a scene.

Remember, they are just the little people. for $20, they gave me a multiple entry visa. $5 isn’t much. consider it a charity.

PS: when I extended my stay in Cambodia, the people at the check-in station rescheduled my flight for no extra cost.

And why you gave them?

[Message last modified 11-29-2009 09:48am by Kadin]

បានចូលសាលា មានសញ្ញាប្រ័ត មិន ប្រាកដថាមានសមត្ថភាពក្នុងកិច្ចការ នោះទេ
    Khmer_Ryder
    Participant

i’ll also keep this in mind

[i]Originally posted by Kadin[/i]
    They spoke english to me.
    But right after they looked at my passport, they expected me to speak khmer back.

I gave the the $5 because:

1. he probably needed it to hold on to his job. Most likely, the guy was just one of the little people who was trying to “survive”.

2. while he was asking for my 5 buck, 2-3 of his friends were holding on to my luggages. Although, I had nothing illegal in them, I wouldn’t want those people to dig into my belongings.

3. It’s not every day I get to see my relatives. They usually await anxiously to see me.
    I want to get out of the airport ASAP so that i can see them.

4. I plan return to Cambodia often. There’s no need to make a scene.

Remember, they are just the little people. for $20, they gave me a multiple entry visa. $5 isn’t much. consider it a charity.

PS: when I extended my stay in Cambodia, the people at the check-in station rescheduled my flight for no extra cost.

[quote]

And why you gave them?

[Message last modified 11-29-2009 09:48am by Kadin][/quote]

KhmerCasanova
    Participant

My 2001 Visa expired and they gave me a new one that gives me unlimited entries into Srok Khmer.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)