Birth Certificate

Home Forums Culture Birth Certificate

This topic contains 24 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of Lagorro Lagorro 10 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #238674
    Avatar of Lagorro
    Lagorro
    Participant

    How can I find or get my birth certificate from Cambodia? I’m sure the original copy has been distroyed during the war.

    #238685
    Avatar of GeorgiaGuy
    GeorgiaGuy
    Participant

    My parents got my uncle from Srok Khmer to get one of the officials to redo or print a new one. Unfortunately it didn’t amount to Jack Squat when I tried using it here in the states. The people here looked at me all weird and strange…..

    [i]Originally posted by Lagorro[/i]
    How can I find or get my birth certificate from Cambodia? I’m sure the original copy has been distroyed during the war.

    #238697
    Avatar of
    Anonymous

    Why do you want one?

    [i]Originally posted by Lagorro[/i]
    How can I find or get my birth certificate from Cambodia? I’m sure the original copy has been distroyed during the war.

    #238709
    Avatar of GeorgiaGuy
    GeorgiaGuy
    Participant

    [i]Originally posted by mano[/i]
    Why do you want one?
    [quote]
    [i]Originally posted by Lagorro[/i]
    How can I find or get my birth certificate from Cambodia? I’m sure the original copy has been distroyed during the war.

    [/quote]

    #238719
    Avatar of
    Anonymous

    [i]Originally posted by GeorgiaGuy[/i]

    [quote]
    [i]Originally posted by mano[/i]
    Why do you want one?
    [quote]
    [i]Originally posted by Lagorro[/i]
    How can I find or get my birth certificate from Cambodia? I’m sure the original copy has been distroyed during the war.

    [/quote]
    [/quote]

    #238731
    Avatar of GeorgiaGuy
    GeorgiaGuy
    Participant

    Let’s wait to see what Lag need it for.

    [i]Originally posted by mano[/i]

    [quote]
    [i]Originally posted by GeorgiaGuy[/i]

    [quote]
    [i]Originally posted by mano[/i]
    Why do you want one?
    [quote]
    [i]Originally posted by Lagorro[/i]
    How can I find or get my birth certificate from Cambodia? I’m sure the original copy has been distroyed during the war.

    [/quote]
    [/quote]
    [/quote]

    #238743
    Avatar of tmor
    tmor
    Participant

    got my citizenship. don’t need birth certificate, just green card and driver licence. say you lost it or something. when you have citizenship then apply for passport. easy.

    #238753
    Avatar of
    Anonymous

    Why are you typing your messages in the subject header for? :D

    [i]Originally posted by GeorgiaGuy[/i]
    Let’s wait to see what Lag need it for.
    [quote]
    [i]Originally posted by mano[/i]

    [quote]
    [i]Originally posted by GeorgiaGuy[/i]

    [quote]
    [i]Originally posted by mano[/i]
    Why do you want one?
    [quote]
    [i]Originally posted by Lagorro[/i]
    How can I find or get my birth certificate from Cambodia? I’m sure the original copy has been distroyed during the war.

    [/quote]
    [/quote]
    [/quote]
    [/quote]

    #238764
    Avatar of pukeko
    pukeko
    Participant

    Don’t waste any more of your time trying to get your b-certificate from Cambodia. If you came to US from the refugee camps, you’re here for asylum with a ‘refugee’ status. This means you escaped from political persecution. Therefore, you do not have a b-certificate. INS understands this policy. But if you came to the US not through the UNHCR’s sponsor refugee camps, that’s another story.

    You may want to check out the INS’s website to find the answers to your situations.

    [i]Originally posted by Lagorro[/i]
    How can I find or get my birth certificate from Cambodia? I’m sure the original copy has been distroyed during the war.

    #238776
    Avatar of Lagorro
    Lagorro
    Participant

    Actually, it’s not for the US. It’s for France. I’m a US citizen, but need it for French stuff.

    #238788
    Avatar of malaika
    malaika
    Participant

    France should understand that 90% of the people in Cambodia do not have birth certificate and the war destroy the other 10%.

    [i]Originally posted by Lagorro[/i]
    Actually, it’s not for the US. It’s for France. I’m a US citizen, but need it for French stuff.

    #238803
    Avatar of samusprime
    samusprime
    Participant

    [i]Originally posted by GeorgiaGuy[/i]

    [quote]
    [i]Originally posted by mano[/i]
    Why do you want one?
    [quote]
    [i]Originally posted by Lagorro[/i]
    How can I find or get my birth certificate from Cambodia? I’m sure the original copy has been distroyed during the war.

    [/quote]
    [/quote]

    There are lots of people in your position. That is, they want to go to Cambodia but don’t can’t get a passport. You can’t get a passport without a BC/Nat. Certificate. Your greencard won’t get you squat. You need to get a visiting visa, basically a temporary passport. I know a couple of people who were in the same boat. I think the travel agencies could tell ya where to get one.

    #238826
    Avatar of malaika
    malaika
    Participant

    she is a U.S citizen and have a passport to travel. But her husband is a French citizen and she needs the birth citizenship in order to have dual citizen, i think.

    as for the story about your friend…if you become a U.S. citizen, you use your passport to travel….If you are not a U.S. but have a green card, you use that to travel….not use the green card but the green card means that you are legal to live in the U.S….so you make yourself a re-entry permit by showing your green card, which is a type of temporary passport that you carry with you to travel….

    [Message last modified 08-05-2004 04:00pm by malaika]

    #238816
    Avatar of Lagorro
    Lagorro
    Participant

    We are dealing with French administrative. They are not as understanding as the U.S. They are a pain in the rear.

    Originally posted by malaika
    France should understand that 90% of the people in Cambodia do not have birth certificate and the war destroy the other 10%.

    #238838
    Avatar of malaika
    malaika
    Participant

    yeah, i thought that might be the case….will be hard to get one.

    [i]Originally posted by Lagorro[/i]
    We are dealing with French administrative. They are not as understanding as the U.S. They are a pain in the rear.

    [quote]
    [i]Originally posted by malaika[/i]
    France should understand that 90% of the people in Cambodia do not have birth certificate and the war destroy the other 10%.

    #238850
    Avatar of marine
    marine
    Participant

    Excuse me?

    [i]Originally posted by Lagorro[/i]
    We are dealing with French administrative. They are not as understanding as the U.S. They are a pain in the rear.

    [quote]
    [i]Originally posted by malaika[/i]
    France should understand that 90% of the people in Cambodia do not have birth certificate and the war destroy the other 10%.

    #238862
    Avatar of marine
    marine
    Participant

    Lagorro,

    Because you don’t know where and who to ask doesn’t mean the French people are less understanding. Try asking how to do a liver ponction to a mailman. Let’s see if you can get an accurate answer.

    Anyways. Concerning your issue, I suggest you to contact the Cambodian consulate (or embassy) to inform you about birth certificate procedures. Even old birth certificates were destroyed from war, new ones can be delivered. I got mine done.

    #238874
    Avatar of marine
    marine
    Participant

    Malaika should understand that new birth certificate can be delivered. When you loose your driver licence, do you say: “my driver licence is lost, I can’t have another one!”?

    [i]Originally posted by malaika[/i]
    France should understand that 90% of the people in Cambodia do not have birth certificate and the war destroy the other 10%.

    [quote]
    [i]Originally posted by Lagorro[/i]
    Actually, it’s not for the US. It’s for France. I’m a US citizen, but need it for French stuff.

    [/quote]

    #238886
    Avatar of Lagorro
    Lagorro
    Participant

    Marin,
    It’s easy for you to get your birth certificate because you’re in Cambodia.
    I didn’t say the French people are less understanding. I said the French administrative. My husband and I have dealt with them before and we know how difficult they can be.

    How long does it take for me to get my birth certificate if I were to contact the Cambodian consulate? What is the cost per copy of birth certificate? Can I trust the people who handle the paperwork?

    [i]Originally posted by marine[/i]
    Lagorro,

    Because you don’t know where and who to ask doesn’t mean the French people are less understanding. Try asking how to do a liver ponction to a mailman. Let’s see if you can get an accurate answer.

    Anyways. Concerning your issue, I suggest you to contact the Cambodian consulate (or embassy) to inform you about birth certificate procedures. Even old birth certificates were destroyed from war, new ones can be delivered. I got mine done.

    [Message last modified 08-06-2004 09:32am by Lagorro]

    #238898
    Avatar of marine
    marine
    Participant

    [i]Originally posted by Lagorro[/i]
    Marin,
    It’s easy for you to get your birth certificate because you’re in Cambodia.
    I didn’t say the French people are less understanding. I said the French administrative. My husband and I have dealt with them before and we know how difficult they can be.

    How long does it take for me to get my birth certificate if I were to contact the Cambodian consulate? What is the cost per copy of birth certificate? Can I trust the people who handle the paperwork?
    [Message last modified 08-06-2004 09:32am by Lagorro]

    Marine, it is. I’m in the US. Forget about the French. I’m just saying that administrations regardless to any nationality are a pain.

    I strongly suggest you to visit the Cambodian consulate. I got mine while I was in Cambodia. I’m sure you can have yours by mail.

    #238911
    Avatar of marine
    marine
    Participant

    Here’s some help:

    http://www.cambodia.gov.kh/unisql1/egov/english/country.embassy.html#usa_california

    Embassy of Cambodia in U.S.A (State of California)

    422 Ord Street, Suite G,
    Los Angeles, CA 90012, U.S.A
    California

    Phone: (213) 625 7777
    Fax: (213) 625-7766
    Email:[email protected]

    [Message last modified 08-06-2004 12:45pm by marine]

    #238923
    Avatar of Lagorro
    Lagorro
    Participant

    Marine,
    I just contacted the Embassy and they told me that I will need to get someone to do it for me in Cambodia (relatives, friend, etc). So for sure, I won’t get mind through the mail. Why is this so harddddddddddd?…

    [Message last modified 08-06-2004 09:47am by Lagorro]

    #238933
    Avatar of marine
    marine
    Participant

    Well, well. The final word is to get it processed by a relative or friend in Cambodia. It may take a while to have your hands on the precious document.

    #238944
    Avatar of malaika
    malaika
    Participant

    remember our friend Marin—he has been living there and now he’s married…try asking him.

    Marine is not the same person.

    [i]Originally posted by Lagorro[/i]
    Marine,
    I just contacted the Embassy and they told me that I will need to get someone to do it for me in Cambodia (relatives, friend, etc). So for sure, I won’t get mind through the mail. Why is this so harddddddddddd?…

    [Message last modified 08-06-2004 09:47am by Lagorro]

    #238955
    Avatar of Lagorro
    Lagorro
    Participant

    Yes, I remember Marin. I can I forget. So he’s married now. Wow. Congrats dude. Are you still in Cambodia, Marin? or Are you back in Cali?

    Originally posted by malaika
    remember our friend Marin—he has been living there and now he’s married…try asking him.

    Marine is not the same person.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)