Cambodia Town Facebook Page

Latest Forums The Chatterbox Cambodia Town Facebook Page

This topic contains 90 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of KheanSnaeh KheanSnaeh 3 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 91 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #1636493
    Profile photo of Kadin
    Kadin
    Participant
    13p
    • Posts: 18270

    yep. To him a temple is a temple only if it looks a certain way,

    [i]Originally posted by BorossITII[/i]
    i think impact would prefer a temple modelled after the “vaeng”

    បានចូលសាលា មានសញ្ញាប្រ័ត មិន ប្រាកដថាមានសមត្ថភាពក្នុងកិច្ចការ នោះទេ
    #1636494
    Profile photo of impact
    impact
    Participant
    0p
    • Posts: 556

    [i]Originally posted by Kadin[/i]
    hence I said ” also” in my sentence.

    [quote]
    [i]Originally posted by impact[/i]
    [quote]
    [i]Originally posted by Kadin[/i]
    temple is Wat in Khmer.

    the word “Wat” is a khmer word and so is “Angkor”
    You wouldn’t call “Wat Phnom” “Phnom Wat”.
    So why would you call “Angkor Wat” “wat Angkor”?

    The word “prasat” also means “monument” and “temple”

    [quote]
    [i]Originally posted by impact[/i]

    [quote]
    [i]Originally posted by Kadin[/i]
    who said it was “wat angkor”?

    [quote]
    [i]Originally posted by impact[/i]
    Oh btw, that called prasat angkor not wat angkor.

    [/quote]

    lol..I dont think so.

    another one, what is castle mean in khmer?

    [Message last modified 09-04-2011 06:33am by impact][/quote]

    [Message last modified 09-04-2011 06:35am by Kadin][/quote]

    Translate the Castle in khmer again?

    #1636495
    Profile photo of Kadin
    Kadin
    Participant
    13p
    • Posts: 18270

    [i]Originally posted by impact[/i]
    YOu said, So why would you call “Angkor Wat” “wat Angkor”?

    [b]Because whoever translated is misunderstood.[/b]

    The usually called prasat Angkor, not Ankor wat.

    បានចូលសាលា មានសញ្ញាប្រ័ត មិន ប្រាកដថាមានសមត្ថភាពក្នុងកិច្ចការ នោះទេ
    #1636496
    Profile photo of impact
    impact
    Participant
    0p
    • Posts: 556

    [i]Originally posted by Kadin[/i]
    yep. To him a temple is a temple only if it looks a certain way,

    [quote]
    [i]Originally posted by BorossITII[/i]
    i think impact would prefer a temple modelled after the “vaeng”

    [/quote]

    They build the Prasat Ankor to live not to chanting.

    [Message last modified 09-04-2011 06:42am by impact]

    #1636497
    Profile photo of Kadin
    Kadin
    Participant
    13p
    • Posts: 18270

    heehehe

    i used the word “also” because you said prasat means “castle”.
    so I said the word “prasat” also means “monument” and “temple”.

    do you know what I was implying?

    [i]Originally posted by impact[/i]

    Translate the Castle in khmer again?

    បានចូលសាលា មានសញ្ញាប្រ័ត មិន ប្រាកដថាមានសមត្ថភាពក្នុងកិច្ចការ នោះទេ
    #1636498
    Profile photo of Kadin
    Kadin
    Participant
    13p
    • Posts: 18270

    You need to do some reading.

    [i]Originally posted by impact[/i]

    They build the Prasat Ankor to live not to chanting.

    បានចូលសាលា មានសញ្ញាប្រ័ត មិន ប្រាកដថាមានសមត្ថភាពក្នុងកិច្ចការ នោះទេ
    #1636499
    Profile photo of impact
    impact
    Participant
    0p
    • Posts: 556

    Anyways,Since you said that Angkor is a temple, why not build one of those in LOng Beach…LOL

    #1636501
    Profile photo of Kadin
    Kadin
    Participant
    13p
    • Posts: 18270

    if it can be built anyway, it wouldn’t be a masterpiece or is it?

    [i]Originally posted by impact[/i]
    Anyways,Since you said that Angkor is a temple, why not build one of those in LOng Beach…LOL

    [Message last modified 09-04-2011 06:46am by Kadin]

    បានចូលសាលា មានសញ្ញាប្រ័ត មិន ប្រាកដថាមានសមត្ថភាពក្នុងកិច្ចការ នោះទេ
    #1636500
    Profile photo of impact
    impact
    Participant
    0p
    • Posts: 556

    [i]Originally posted by Kadin[/i]
    You need to do some reading.

    [quote]
    [i]Originally posted by impact[/i]

    They build the Prasat Ankor to live not to chanting.

    [/quote]

    I don’t have to, cuz khmer people dont know how to jot down their own history..

    #1636502
    Profile photo of impact
    impact
    Participant
    0p
    • Posts: 556

    [i]Originally posted by Kadin[/i]
    if it can be built anyway, it wouldn’t be a masterpiece or is it?

    [quote]
    [i]Originally posted by impact[/i]
    Anyways,Since you said that Angkor is a temple, why not build one of those in LOng Beach…LOL

    [Message last modified 09-04-2011 06:46am by Kadin][/quote]

    At least stand who you are.

    #1636503
    Profile photo of impact
    impact
    Participant
    0p
    • Posts: 556

    [i]Originally posted by Kadin[/i]
    heehehe

    i used the word “also” because you said prasat means “castle”.
    so I said the word “prasat” also means “monument” and “temple”.

    do you know what I was implying?

    [quote]
    [i]Originally posted by impact[/i]

    Translate the Castle in khmer again?

    [/quote]

    Well, Wat is Wat, Prasat is Prasat, it two different meaning.

    #1636504
    Profile photo of yap_nass
    yap_nass
    Participant
    0p
    • Posts: 2733

    me thinks Prasat, Preah Vihear and Wat are translated to temple.

    Angkor Wat was/is a place of worship. I don’t believe the royals resided there.

    (correct me if I’m wrong).

    [i]Originally posted by Kadin[/i]
    who said it was “wat angkor”?

    I’m not sure what “prasat” is, but I know “vaeng” is the place where the king and queen live.

    [quote]
    [i]Originally posted by impact[/i]
    Oh btw, that called prasat angkor not wat angkor.

    [Message last modified 09-04-2011 06:21am by Kadin][/quote]

    #1636505
    Profile photo of impact
    impact
    Participant
    0p
    • Posts: 556

    [i]Originally posted by yap_nass[/i]
    me thinks Prasat, Preah Vihear and Wat are translated to temple.

    Angkor Wat was/is a place of worship. I don’t believe the royals resided there.

    (correct me if I’m wrong).

    [quote]
    [i]Originally posted by Kadin[/i]
    who said it was “wat angkor”?

    I’m not sure what “prasat” is, but I know “vaeng” is the place where the king and queen live.

    [quote]
    [i]Originally posted by impact[/i]
    Oh btw, that called prasat angkor not wat angkor.

    [Message last modified 09-04-2011 06:21am by Kadin][/quote]
    [/quote]

    Well castle is the king and queen live, so does it mean prasat in khmer.

    #1636506
    Profile photo of Kadin
    Kadin
    Participant
    13p
    • Posts: 18270

    Thanks for the definition.

    Like you, I don’t think the royals lived in Angkor Wat.
    it’s a big building and I’m sure they stayed there every now and then.
    But it’s not their residence.

    The highest tower is the most sacred place in Angkor Wat. if i remember correctly, that’s where the king prayed.

    [i]Originally posted by yap_nass[/i]
    me thinks Prasat, Preah Vihear and Wat are translated to temple.

    Angkor Wat was/is a place of worship. I don’t believe the royals resided there.

    (correct me if I’m wrong).

    [quote]
    [i]Originally posted by Kadin[/i]
    who said it was “wat angkor”?

    I’m not sure what “prasat” is, but I know “vaeng” is the place where the king and queen live.

    [quote]
    [i]Originally posted by impact[/i]
    Oh btw, that called prasat angkor not wat angkor.

    [Message last modified 09-04-2011 06:21am by Kadin][/quote]
    [/quote]

    [Message last modified 09-04-2011 07:00am by Kadin]

    បានចូលសាលា មានសញ្ញាប្រ័ត មិន ប្រាកដថាមានសមត្ថភាពក្នុងកិច្ចការ នោះទេ
    #1636507
    Profile photo of impact
    impact
    Participant
    0p
    • Posts: 556

    So you mean the word prasat and wat is the same meaning mmmm..I gonna asked some khmer expertise in Khmer? will see.

    [Message last modified 09-04-2011 07:02am by impact]

    #1636508
    Profile photo of impact
    impact
    Participant
    0p
    • Posts: 556

    [i]Originally posted by Kadin[/i]
    Thanks for the definition.

    Like you, I don’t think the royals lived in Angkor Wat.
    it’s a big building and I’m sure they stayed there every now and then.
    But it’s not their residence.

    The highest tower is the most sacred place in Angkor Wat. if i remember correctly, that’s where the king prayed.

    [quote]
    [i]Originally posted by yap_nass[/i]
    me thinks Prasat, Preah Vihear and Wat are translated to temple.

    Angkor Wat was/is a place of worship. I don’t believe the royals resided there.

    (correct me if I’m wrong).

    [quote]
    [i]Originally posted by Kadin[/i]
    who said it was “wat angkor”?

    I’m not sure what “prasat” is, but I know “vaeng” is the place where the king and queen live.

    [quote]
    [i]Originally posted by impact[/i]
    Oh btw, that called prasat angkor not wat angkor.

    [Message last modified 09-04-2011 06:21am by Kadin][/quote]
    [/quote]

    [Message last modified 09-04-2011 07:00am by Kadin][/quote]

    How do you know the king and queen dont live there? Read khmer history.

    #1636509
    Profile photo of yap_nass
    yap_nass
    Participant
    0p
    • Posts: 2733

    yes, prasat is also castle or palace.

    [i]Originally posted by impact[/i]

    Well castle is the king and queen live, so does it mean prasat in khmer.

    #1636510
    Profile photo of impact
    impact
    Participant
    0p
    • Posts: 556

    [i]Originally posted by yap_nass[/i]
    yes, prasat is also castle or palace.

    [quote]
    [i]Originally posted by impact[/i]

    Well castle is the king and queen live, so does it mean prasat in khmer.

    [/quote]

    There you go. How about wat? The place that the monk live around and chanting.

    #1636511
    Profile photo of Kadin
    Kadin
    Participant
    13p
    • Posts: 18270

    that’s right.
    Impact doesn’t seem to understand the word “also”.

    [i]Originally posted by yap_nass[/i]
    yes, prasat is also castle or palace.

    [quote]
    [i]Originally posted by impact[/i]

    Well castle is the king and queen live, so does it mean prasat in khmer.

    [/quote]

    បានចូលសាលា មានសញ្ញាប្រ័ត មិន ប្រាកដថាមានសមត្ថភាពក្នុងកិច្ចការ នោះទេ
    #1636512
    Profile photo of kimpirun98
    kimpirun98
    Participant
    0p
    • Posts: 1740

    Yeah!!! You’re so right, buddy!!!

    Cuz I went there for 4 years ago and I had some foods at the Restaurant, all foods had no taste CambodiaFoods at all. I felt so ashame for my people Cambodian…

    Thats a big Succck!!!

    [i]Originally posted by impact[/i]
    Cambodia town? I see nothing improved in Long Beach for the last 25 years. Not even one temple existing in the town. Not even one Khmer architecture building existing in the town. The restaurant and super market most likely own by Chinese-Cambodian. The food taste nothing like Cambodian food. It so ashamed to claim the town as Cambodian town.

    I speak the true.

    [Message last modified 09-01-2011 05:40am by impact]

    [Message last modified 09-01-2011 05:46am by impact]

    #1636513
    Profile photo of impact
    impact
    Participant
    0p
    • Posts: 556

    [i]Originally posted by Kadin[/i]
    that’s right.
    Impact doesn’t seem to understand the word “also”.

    [quote]
    [i]Originally posted by yap_nass[/i]
    yes, prasat is also castle or palace.

    [quote]
    [i]Originally posted by impact[/i]

    Well castle is the king and queen live, so does it mean prasat in khmer.

    [/quote]
    [/quote

    Understand the different:

    Angkor= is the city of Ankor.

    Vihear= is mean temple. The place where they build to worship such god.

    Preah sat not prasat= also mean temple

    prasat = mean castle

    Vaeng= Palace

    Wat= is just like a church where the priest pray for those who believed such god. In khmer they usually called wat ahram, the place where monk Chanting.

    Ankor wat or Praeh sat Angkor or in Enlish they called temple ankor. Is name after the city of Angkor.

    Whoever study Khmer they should know all of these.

    [Message last modified 09-05-2011 01:16am by impact]

    #1636516
    Profile photo of Kadin
    Kadin
    Participant
    13p
    • Posts: 18270

    that’s what we have been trying to tell you.

    Also, Angkor alone means “city”
    Angor Wat = the city of temples
    Angkor Wat is one of the temples in THE city.

    .

    PS: In khmer, Prasat sounds like this “prah-saht”

    [i]Originally posted by impact[/i]

    [quote]
    [i]Originally posted by Kadin[/i]
    that’s right.
    Impact doesn’t seem to understand the word “also”.

    [quote]
    [i]Originally posted by yap_nass[/i]
    yes, prasat is also castle or palace.

    [quote]
    [i]Originally posted by impact[/i]

    Well castle is the king and queen live, so does it mean prasat in khmer.

    [/quote]
    [/quote

    Understand the different:

    Angkor= is the city of Ankor.

    Vihear= is mean temple. The place where they build to worship such god.

    Preah sat not prasat= also mean temple

    prasat = mean castle

    Vaeng= Palace

    Wat= is just like a church where the priest pray for those who believed. In khmer they usually called wat ahram, the place where monk Chanting.

    Ankor wat or Praeh sat Angkor or in Enlish they called temple ankor. Is name after the city of Angkor.

    Whoever study Khmer they should know all of these.

    [/quote]

    .

    [Message last modified 09-05-2011 01:21am by Kadin]

    បានចូលសាលា មានសញ្ញាប្រ័ត មិន ប្រាកដថាមានសមត្ថភាពក្នុងកិច្ចការ នោះទេ
    #1636514
    Profile photo of impact
    impact
    Participant
    0p
    • Posts: 556

    [i]Originally posted by kimpirun98[/i]
    Yeah!!! You’re so right, buddy!!!

    Cuz I went there for 4 years ago and I had some foods at the Restaurant, all foods had no taste CambodiaFoods at all. I felt so ashame for my people Cambodian…

    Thats a big Succck!!!
    [quote]
    [i]Originally posted by impact[/i]
    Cambodia town? I see nothing improved in Long Beach for the last 25 years. Not even one temple existing in the town. Not even one Khmer architecture building existing in the town. The restaurant and super market most likely own by Chinese-Cambodian. The food taste nothing like Cambodian food. It so ashamed to claim the town as Cambodian town.

    I speak the true.

    [Message last modified 09-01-2011 05:40am by impact]

    [Message last modified 09-01-2011 05:46am by impact]

    [/quote]

    LOL I can not believed you understand, and see the true.

    #1636515
    Profile photo of impact
    impact
    Participant
    0p
    • Posts: 556

    [i]Originally posted by Kadin[/i]
    that’s what we have been trying to tell you.

    [quote]
    [i]Originally posted by impact[/i]

    [quote]
    [i]Originally posted by Kadin[/i]
    that’s right.
    Impact doesn’t seem to understand the word “also”.

    [quote]
    [i]Originally posted by yap_nass[/i]
    yes, prasat is also castle or palace.

    [quote]
    [i]Originally posted by impact[/i]

    Well castle is the king and queen live, so does it mean prasat in khmer.

    [/quote]
    [/quote

    Understand the different:

    Angkor= is the city of Ankor.

    Vihear= is mean temple. The place where they build to worship such god.

    Preah sat not prasat= also mean temple

    prasat = mean castle

    Vaeng= Palace

    Wat= is just like a church where the priest pray for those who believed. In khmer they usually called wat ahram, the place where monk Chanting.

    Ankor wat or Praeh sat Angkor or in Enlish they called temple ankor. Is name after the city of Angkor.

    Whoever study Khmer they should know all of these.

    [/quote]

    .

    Also, Angkor alone means “city”
    Angor Wat = the city of temples
    Angkor Wat is one of the temples in THE city.
    [/quote]

    Then why I asked you for Wat you Show me Temple.

    #1636517
    Profile photo of Kadin
    Kadin
    Participant
    13p
    • Posts: 18270

    You do not like to pay attention.
    see the bold part. That’s wat i was responding to.

    but i want point out that in khmer “prasat” is written like this:
    ប្រាសាទ (prah-saht) NOT “Preah sat”

    You told us it means castle and we told you that the word also means “monument” and “temple”.
    that’s what we have been trying to tell you.

    Also, Angkor alone means “city”
    Angor Wat = the city of temples
    Angkor Wat is one of the temples in THE city.

    Angkor Wat is a temple…if you go to khmer wat or temples in Cambodia, the monks do not live where they pray or where they do ceremonies. They live in other buildings.
    Angkor Wat was the same way. That’s why there were many houses and huts around the temple ground.

    ,.

    [Message last modified 09-05-2011 01:39am by Kadin]

    បានចូលសាលា មានសញ្ញាប្រ័ត មិន ប្រាកដថាមានសមត្ថភាពក្នុងកិច្ចការ នោះទេ
Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 91 total)