Fruiting Love and Obsession

Home Forums The Chatterbox Fruiting Love and Obsession

This topic contains 26 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of Tevbot Tevbot 2 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #1636401
    Avatar of malaika
    malaika
    Participant
    #1636402
    Avatar of impromptu
    impromptu
    Participant

    i saw these grow when i was at Ixtapa,Mexico! they are cashew nuts …the fruit is quite fragrant…to me it was something like caramel!!!

    #1636403
    Avatar of MysteryMan
    MysteryMan
    Participant
    #1636404
    Avatar of malaika
    malaika
    Participant

    read the blog.

    [i]Originally posted by MysteryMan[/i]
    what is that
    [quote]
    [i]Originally posted by malaika[/i]

    http://navyphim.blogspot.com/2011/08/fruiting-love-and-obsession.html/quote

    #1636405
    Avatar of MysteryMan
    MysteryMan
    Participant

    hmmm…

    [i]Originally posted by malaika[/i]
    read the blog.

    [quote]
    [i]Originally posted by MysteryMan[/i]
    what is that
    [quote]
    [i]Originally posted by malaika[/i]

    http://navyphim.blogspot.com/2011/08/fruiting-love-and-obsession.html/quote

    [/quote]

    #1636406
    Avatar of malaika
    malaika
    Participant

    It’s Cashew, Okay.. Impromptu mentioned it too.

    #1636407
    Avatar of icyfresh
    icyfresh
    Participant

    Ohh, I just asked my mom about this. She said the same thing you said in your blog. Yes, I have ate this cashew (seeds) in Cambodia. My mom said the seeds are expensive in Cambodia. Thanks for sharing. Learned something new today, hehe.

    #1636408
    Avatar of malaika
    malaika
    Participant

    great.. ask your mom about the “let it burn” post too.. see if she has heard to it..

    [i]Originally posted by icyfresh[/i]
    Ohh, I just asked my mom about this. She said the same thing you said in your blog. Yes, I have ate this cashew (seeds) in Cambodia. My mom said the seeds are expensive in Cambodia. Thanks for sharing. Learned something new today, hehe.

    #1636409
    Avatar of icyfresh
    icyfresh
    Participant

    ^ I’m busy right now. Don’t want anymore lecture, lol.

    #1636410
    Avatar of malaika
    malaika
    Participant

    Ok.. :)

    when you are free: http://navyphim.blogspot.com/2011/07/let-it-burn.html

    [i]Originally posted by icyfresh[/i]
    ^ I’m busy right now. Don’t want anymore lecture, lol.

    #1636411
    Avatar of KheanSnaeh
    KheanSnaeh
    Participant

    y is it called svay chanthee? i dont understand

    #1636412
    Avatar of malaika
    malaika
    Participant

    this will be the closest to experience the taste of this fruit so I just bought it:

    http://www.amazon.com/Brazil-Gourmet-Cashew-Nectar-Bottles/dp/B001NXH04W/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1315108898&sr=8-3

    #1636413
    Avatar of KheanSnaeh
    KheanSnaeh
    Participant

    daymmmmmmmmmm ur blog is very personal

    #1636414
    Avatar of malaika
    malaika
    Participant

    yes, it is… i personally made it… :)

    [i]Originally posted by KheanSnaeh[/i]
    daymmmmmmmmmm ur blog is very personal

    #1636415
    Avatar of malaika
    malaika
    Participant

    that’s just the name of the fruit. if you were to ask me why a dog is called a dog, i don’t know…

    [i]Originally posted by KheanSnaeh[/i]
    y is it called svay chanthee? i dont understand

    #1636416
    Avatar of JackTsang05
    JackTsang05
    Participant

    well you did a great job. And seems like you like u like to read books about kampuchea deep dark history.
    Anyways i suggest you read this book its very good book acccount of khmer rouge era from the eyes of a little girl in phnom penh.
    This book actually made me shed some tears.

    [i]Originally posted by malaika[/i]
    yes, it is… i personally made it… :)

    [quote]
    [i]Originally posted by KheanSnaeh[/i]
    daymmmmmmmmmm ur blog is very personal

    [/quote]

    #1636417
    Avatar of malaika
    malaika
    Participant

    i read it… found her annoying. i suggest “When Broken Glass Floats” by Chanrithy Him — seem more honest and touching…

    [i]Originally posted by JackTsang05[/i]
    well you did a great job. And seems like you like u like to read books about kampuchea deep dark history.
    Anyways i suggest you read this book its very good book acccount of khmer rouge era from the eyes of a little girl in phnom penh.
    This book actually made me shed some tears.

    [quote]
    [i]Originally posted by malaika[/i]
    yes, it is… i personally made it… :)

    [quote]
    [i]Originally posted by KheanSnaeh[/i]
    daymmmmmmmmmm ur blog is very personal

    [/quote]
    [/quote]

    #1636418
    Avatar of n_n1985
    n_n1985
    Participant

    [i]Originally posted by JackTsang05[/i]
    well you did a great job. And seems like you like u like to read books about kampuchea deep dark history.
    Anyways i suggest you read this book its very good book acccount of khmer rouge era from the eyes of a little girl in phnom penh.
    This book actually made me shed some tears.

    [img]http://imaginingourselves.imow.org/Asset/3152_webLoungUngBest.jpg[/img]

    [img]http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_CAJlJjsiEBk/S61XpBMX0KI/AAAAAAAAOAg/W5SN6RmALI0/S700/5810_Loung_Ung_First_they_killed_my_father.JPG[/img]

    Apology. Got it mixed up.

    [Message last modified 09-09-2011 01:21am by n_n1985]

    [Message last modified 09-09-2011 08:11am by n_n1985]

    #1636419
    Avatar of malaika
    malaika
    Participant

    n_n1985 – who did you mix it up with?

    #1636420
    Avatar of n_n1985
    n_n1985
    Participant

    Hi Malaika,

    I got her mixed up with Somaly Mam.

    #1636421
    Avatar of KhmerCasanova
    KhmerCasanova
    Participant

    Somaly Mam book has generalization and stereotypes of Khmers. Where r all the haters?

    #1636422
    Avatar of n_n1985
    n_n1985
    Participant

    Just like me, you also got the name mixed up. Loung Oung, picture’s on page 1 is an sensationalist author, and Somaly Mam is a thief who embezzled huge chunk of the charity’s money.

    #1636423
    Avatar of KhmerCasanova
    KhmerCasanova
    Participant

    [i]Originally posted by n_n1985[/i]
    Just like me, you also got the name mixed up. Loung Oung, picture’s on page 1 is an sensationalist author, and Somaly Mam is a thief who embezzled huge chunk of the charity’s money.

    Proof that Somaly stole money? Im asking because my fam does a lot of work for the Cambodian community. We actually spend our own money but the the rumor is we take money from the bonns and fundraisers to buy stuff for ourselves. Total lies. What did my family gain from building wells in former Khmer Rouge territory. We just want peace and stability for everyone in our home province.

    #1636424
    Avatar of n_n1985
    n_n1985
    Participant

    Before I go further. I’d like to hear a clarification that your family is part of the Somaly Mam foundation? If so, let me know whether you like to hear about it in the public or private.

    #1636425
    Avatar of KhmerCasanova
    KhmerCasanova
    Participant

    [i]Originally posted by n_n1985[/i]
    Before I go further. I’d like to hear a clarification that your family is part of the Somaly Mam foundation? If so, let me know whether you like to hear about it in the public or private.

    No. I was using my family work as an example on rumors about stealing money for their own gain. We help with wells and school in our home province.

    #1636426
    Avatar of n_n1985
    n_n1985
    Participant

    I think you misread my post. I did not ACCUSE any other Khmer foundations as thief.

    Though it has yet proven. I wonder how the Samaly Mam a proclaimed victim of sex trafficcking able to afford a million $ condo in LA. 1 and 1/2 year ago I was actively exchanging messages with a person who known her personally for years, that person nor I have any ill motive, and as for me, it was a personal interest as like many who got sucked into her sobbing stories.

    I no longer have interest or any incentive to put the culprit behind bar. PM me if you want further detail.

    Out

    [Message last modified 09-17-2011 06:04am by n_n1985]

    #1636427
    Avatar of Tevbot
    Tevbot
    Participant

    [i]Originally posted by n_n1985[/i]
    Samaly Mam a proclaimed victim of sex trafficcking able to afford a million $ condo in LA. 1 and 1/2 year ago I was actively exchanging messages with a person who known her personally for years, that person nor I have any ill motive, and as for me, it was a personal interest as like many who got sucked into her sobbing stories.

    http://www.khmerwitica.com/forum/6039-6070-6047-6070-6017-6098-6040-6082-6042-29/somaly-mam-39-behind-39-the-mask/

    ^wow, really? some serious exposee/allegations u got there.. if true

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)