How to tune the tro?

Latest Forums Arts and Culture How to tune the tro?

This topic contains 12 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of  Anonymous 2 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #314959
    Profile photo of backick
    backick
    Participant
    0p
    • Posts: 671

    I just bought a tro u recently along with the char chong (the two waxie thingies). I was told that you need them in order for the tro to make a sound. But I have no idea of the process of puttin the char chong on. There’s two of ‘em, one is looks like a rock and the color of it is tanish. The other is waxier than the other and the color is greyish. I was wondering if anyone knows the process of which one to use first to rub against the nylon.

    #314968
    Profile photo of Pengchon
    Pengchon
    Participant
    0p
    • Posts: 8646

    ask rasy.

    #314978
    Profile photo of backick
    backick
    Participant
    0p
    • Posts: 671

    I did but he been to busy and when he’s free, I’m busy. So I’m just askin around to see who else knows.

    #314989
    Profile photo of JotHrAnI
    JotHrAnI
    Participant
    0p
    • Posts: 1267

    hey malay my dad can do it…he’ll even tell you if you have a good tro or not too…

    #314999
    Profile photo of backick
    backick
    Participant
    0p
    • Posts: 671

    ^Otay…..he’ll probly say I got a crappy one….hehehe…

    #315009
    Profile photo of JeyViraek
    JeyViraek
    Participant
    0p
    • Posts: 1948

    What kind of tro is it? Tro uo or Tro saor?

    I only have an amber looking one and I apply it about once a week. Just glide it the up and down evenly. The hard part is recognizing the how the ksaer aerk and ksaer koh sound like when you kout the tro.

    [i]Originally posted by backick[/i]
    I just bought a tro u recently along with the char chong (the two waxie thingies). I was told that you need them in order for the tro to make a sound. But I have no idea of the process of puttin the char chong on. There’s two of ‘em, one is looks like a rock and the color of it is tanish. The other is waxier than the other and the color is greyish. I was wondering if anyone knows the process of which one to use first to rub against the nylon.

    #315018
    Profile photo of JotHrAnI
    JotHrAnI
    Participant
    0p
    • Posts: 1267

    yea he probably will but then again it depends if you know how to play it or not…anything sounds good if you can play it good…

    [i]Originally posted by backick[/i]
    ^Otay…..he’ll probly say I got a crappy one….hehehe…

    #315027
    Profile photo of Khmerghost
    Khmerghost
    Participant
    0p
    • Posts: 595

    [i]Originally posted by backick[/i]
    I just bought a tro u recently along with the char chong (the two waxie thingies). I was told that you need them in order for the tro to make a sound. But I have no idea of the process of puttin the char chong on. There’s two of ‘em, one is looks like a rock and the color of it is tanish. The other is waxier than the other and the color is greyish. I was wondering if anyone knows the process of which one to use first to rub against the nylon.

    you have pictures, I might be able to tell you.

    #315037
    Profile photo of GuitarPikz
    GuitarPikz
    Participant
    0p
    • Posts: 1774

    what note is the string….why dont you listen to a piano/guitar note..then tune it.

    #315049
    Profile photo of vanessahor
    vanessahor
    Participant
    0p
    • Posts: 1

    Where can u buy the char chong??

    #315059
    Profile photo of
    Anonymous
    0p
    • Posts: 1889

    both string should be set to C note without putting pressure on the string..but you also will need to adjust the bow..it like a clamp on a guitar..and the shell to make it sound smoothly…..

    hit the C note on the piano..the tro has a bass and high not string..

    #315068
    Profile photo of JackTsang05
    JackTsang05
    Participant
    0p
    • Posts: 4395

    Hey i have one too, do you guys know any websites or youtube channel that can teach me how to play?

    Thanks

    #315079
    Profile photo of
    Anonymous
    0p
    • Posts: 1889

    i play the tro..took me 2 weeks to learn the hand movement..lol…

    [i]Originally posted by JackTsang05[/i]
    Hey i have one too, do you guys know any websites or youtube channel that can teach me how to play?

    Thanks

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)