Khmer Chat Line Craze

Home Forums The Chatterbox Khmer Chat Line Craze

This topic contains 70 replies, has 33 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of BophaSeanghong BophaSeanghong 3 years ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 71 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #1518516
    Avatar of souljourner
    souljourner
    Participant

    Another cause for divorce? I know three couples already that have broken up because of the chat line addiction.

    In a group gathering I witnessed a lady who sat there and spoke romantically with a guy on her chat line while her husband was sitting by her. I guess everyone was wondering why she was doing that, but I was the one most surprised. Now she and her husband aren’t together anymore.

    Is this something only I am noticing or are you guys noticing this too? And I especially notice it with the donut owners and bakers. Graphic pictures are also received/sent. One kid showed me what her mom was sending to her chat line guy. I was shocked.

    If you don’t live or hang out with a lot of Khmer people, then maybe you might not witness much of this chat line acitivity. Basically, if a person’s constantly on the phone (I’m talking about from morning to night/morning) , more than likely, they’re on the chatline.

    Is this craze now a staple in our Khmer community or is it a fad?

    [Message last modified 09-28-2008 04:02pm by souljourner]

    #1518517
    Avatar of Korbelicious
    Korbelicious
    Participant

    This is news to me, but then again, I don’t know many married couples. First of all, aren’t these chat or hot lines targeted at men? What kind of chat lines are these women calling? Also, imagine the phone bills these women are racking up. I think it’s a sign of a bad marriage lacking excitement and intimacy.

    "Help me help you"
    #1518518
    Avatar of
    Anonymous

    agreed..there are a fews i know myself, but it aint my business..so i have nothing to say but comment agreed..

    [i]Originally posted by souljourner[/i]
    Another cause for divorce? I know three couples already that have broken up because of the chat line addiction.

    In a group gathering I witnessed a lady who sat there and spoke romantically with a guy on her chat line while her husband was sitting by her. I guess everyone was wondering why she was doing that, but I was the one most surprised. Now she and her husband aren’t together anymore.

    Is this something only I am noticing or are you guys noticing this too? And I especially notice it with the donut owners and bakers. Graphic pictures are also received/sent. One kid showed me what her mom was sending to her chat line guy. I was shocked.

    If you don’t live or hang out with a lot of Khmer people, then maybe you might not witness much of this chat line acitivity. Basically, if a person’s constantly on the phone (I’m talking about from morning to night/morning) , more than likely, they’re on the chatline.

    Is this craze now a staple in our Khmer community or is it a fad?

    [Message last modified 09-28-2008 04:02pm by souljourner]

    #1518519
    Avatar of
    Anonymous

    must be something unique to the West Coast Khmers?
    what do you mean by chat line? online chatting? or just talking on the cell phone?

    #1518520
    Avatar of
    Anonymous

    It is horrible! Especially the khmer g line….a lot of the old folks go on there. My aunt is on that thing 24/7.

    #1518521
    Avatar of Somgnatt1
    Somgnatt1
    Participant

    oh really?.. i never knew this exist..wow.. no good no good..

    #1518522
    Avatar of Korbelicious
    Korbelicious
    Participant

    khmer g line? lmao. :D

    [i]Originally posted by xsovanaryx[/i]
    It is horrible! Especially the khmer g line….a lot of the old folks go on there. My aunt is on that thing 24/7.

    "Help me help you"
    #1518523
    Avatar of christina559
    christina559
    Participant

    khmer g line?…it still exist? i thought they don’t have that anymore. the phone number was like..978-333-??? somethin’ like that lolz. i forgot

    #1518524
    Avatar of souljourner
    souljourner
    Participant

    Huge problem in some ares, Long Beach, Modesto, Stockton, Fresno, catching on in the Vegas area too now. I know about these ares because I know people living in these areas. I don’t know about the East Coast though.

    [i]Originally posted by Somgnatt1[/i]
    oh really?.. i never knew this exist..wow.. no good no good..

    #1518525
    Avatar of souljourner
    souljourner
    Participant

    what’s the g line? is it similar to the chatline?

    [i]Originally posted by xsovanaryx[/i]
    It is horrible! Especially the khmer g line….a lot of the old folks go on there. My aunt is on that thing 24/7.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 71 total)