Life without love is meaningless

Home Forums Relationships Life without love is meaningless

This topic contains 39 replies, has 22 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of Hollycow Hollycow 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #1178317
    Avatar of WatSrokSre
    WatSrokSre
    Participant

    jivit kmearn snaeha kmearn klemsa. Do you agree?

    I disagree.

    #1178319
    Avatar of Girlfriend
    Girlfriend
    Participant

    I stongly agree!

    [i]Originally posted by WatSrokSre[/i]
    jivit kmearn snaeha kmearn klemsa. Do you agree?

    I disagree.

    #1178321
    Avatar of Arprimm
    Arprimm
    Participant

    so old school….Disagree!

    #1178323
    Avatar of Girlfriend
    Girlfriend
    Participant

    jivit kmern sneah douch pka kvass tirk son-serm :(

    [i]Originally posted by WatSrokSre[/i]
    jivit kmearn snaeha kmearn klemsa. Do you agree?

    I disagree.

    #1178325
    Avatar of borospailin
    borospailin
    Participant

    good lord!
    what’s all this mushy khmer phrases?
    that’s kinna cute though

    #1178327
    Avatar of SnowGlobe
    SnowGlobe
    Participant

    I agree to disagree with you.

    [i]Originally posted by WatSrokSre[/i]
    jivit kmearn snaeha kmearn klemsa. Do you agree?

    I disagree.

    #1178329
    Avatar of Khmer_Ryder
    Khmer_Ryder
    Participant

    i agree

    #1178331
    Avatar of Somgnatt1
    Somgnatt1
    Participant

    do you really need a bf/gf to make your life meaningful?..
    why do you choose to make your life meaningless if you don’t have a bf/gf?..
    if you’re talking about being compassionate to others, that’s another story..
    it’s your choice to make your life as meaningful

    #1178332
    Avatar of KhmerCasanova
    KhmerCasanova
    Participant

    In modern day society, love is meaningless. Divorce rates are higher then ever. A meaningful life can be obtain through ones positive energy towards the world which can include work, religion or having a passion for anything.

    #1178334
    Avatar of Kaliboy
    Kaliboy
    Participant

    [i]Originally posted by KhmerCasanova[/i]
    In modern day society, love is meaningless. Divorce rates are higher then ever. A meaningful life can be obtain through ones positive energy towards the world which can include work, religion or having a passion for anything.

    Doesnt love require passion, work and commitment? Id rather live with someone I love. What’s good seeing Paris if you dont have that special someone by your side to share all of its splendor with?

    [Message last modified 07-25-2008 07:26pm by Kaliboy]

    #1178336
    Avatar of I3ig_Machine
    I3ig_Machine
    Participant

    I disagree. If you look at religious ppl who give up love and other worldly attachments, they are the ones who are the happiest, free from worry, and most inspiring. On the other hand, look at all of the suffering that resulted from love and relationships. How many ppl actually inspire becuz of love? Do u see ppl winning awards becuz they’re in love? Why don’t love lead like a religion where millions follow and dedicate themselves to that faith.

    A meaningful life is a life that is dedicated to end the suffering of others. How many ppl in love that don’t fall in that category??? You will always see ppl who believe in this concept continue to do so 50 years from now. They’re still trying to help the community and end world suffering. How many ppl in love will still be together years from now or at the least, not involved in infidelity??

    #1178338
    Avatar of Sovie
    Sovie
    Participant

    I agree with the quote but I took snaeha in a general sense to apply to anything. As in love for family, friends, jobs, etc. Not necessarily a romantic type love.

    For life to be worthwhile I believe people should be passionate about at least one thing. It doesn’t matter what it is.

    [i]Originally posted by WatSrokSre[/i]
    jivit kmearn snaeha kmearn klemsa. Do you agree?

    I disagree.

    http://bobbleheaddiary.wordpress.com/
    #1178340
    Avatar of KhmerCasanova
    KhmerCasanova
    Participant

    [i]Originally posted by Sovie[/i]
    I agree with the quote but I took snaeha in a general sense to apply to anything. As in love for family, friends, jobs, etc. Not necessarily a romantic type love.

    For life to be worthwhile I believe people should be passionate about at least one thing. It doesn’t matter what it is.

    [quote]
    [i]Originally posted by WatSrokSre[/i]
    jivit kmearn snaeha kmearn klemsa. Do you agree?

    I disagree.

    [/quote]

    My personal inference on the quote, is that it refers to love in the romantic sense, not for jobs, family…

    #1178342
    Avatar of Sovie
    Sovie
    Participant

    ^^ to each their own. :D

    http://bobbleheaddiary.wordpress.com/
    #1178344
    Avatar of KhmerCasanova
    KhmerCasanova
    Participant

    [i]Originally posted by Sovie[/i]
    ^^ to each their own. :D

    No Im right you are wrong! haha j/p :)

    #1178346
    Avatar of Kaliboy
    Kaliboy
    Participant

    [i]Originally posted by I3ig_Machine[/i]
    I disagree. If you look at religious ppl who give up love and other worldly attachments, they are the ones who are the happiest, free from worry, and most inspiring. On the other hand, look at all of the suffering that resulted from love and relationships. How many ppl actually inspire becuz of love? Do u see ppl winning awards becuz they’re in love? Why don’t love lead like a religion where millions follow and dedicate themselves to that faith.

    A meaningful life is a life that is dedicated to end the suffering of others. How many ppl in love that don’t fall in that category??? You will always see ppl who believe in this concept continue to do so 50 years from now. They’re still trying to help the community and end world suffering. How many ppl in love will still be together years from now or at the least, not involved in infidelity??

    It all depends of what “a meaningful life” means. Some may actually prefer building a trust, a bond, a family with someone they love. Watching your kids grow brings meaning to life.
    You said that religious people who gave up everything are the ones who are happiest. How do we know that’s true? How do we know that deep inside they arent yearning for love? Are’nt they in it to be loved by the people in the first place? Isnt it not love thats pushing them to do what they do? Or are’nt they trying to fill that empty void of love by helping out other people who offers gratitude and love in return?
    You asked if we “see ppl winning awards becuz they’re in love?” Of course not because there arent any awards given for being in love. When it comes to love, there are’nt awards but only rewards.

    #1178348
    Avatar of KomLostBong
    KomLostBong
    Participant

    Jivit kmearn Snaeha douch Chanhtrae Ott-Resmey…
    Ros tver avey ouy tngon dey…

    [i]Originally posted by WatSrokSre[/i]
    jivit kmearn snaeha kmearn klemsa. Do you agree?

    I disagree.

    #1178350
    Avatar of KomLostBong
    KomLostBong
    Participant

    Thats Lesbein or Gay…

    [i]Originally posted by Kaliboy[/i]

    [quote]
    [i]Originally posted by I3ig_Machine[/i]
    I disagree. If you look at religious ppl who give up love and other worldly attachments, they are the ones who are the happiest, free from worry, and most inspiring. On the other hand, look at all of the suffering that resulted from love and relationships. How many ppl actually inspire becuz of love? Do u see ppl winning awards becuz they’re in love? Why don’t love lead like a religion where millions follow and dedicate themselves to that faith.

    A meaningful life is a life that is dedicated to end the suffering of others. How many ppl in love that don’t fall in that category??? You will always see ppl who believe in this concept continue to do so 50 years from now. They’re still trying to help the community and end world suffering. How many ppl in love will still be together years from now or at the least, not involved in infidelity??

    It all depends of what “a meaningful life” means. Some may actually prefer building a trust, a bond, a family with someone they love. Watching your kids grow brings meaning to life.
    You said that religious people who gave up everything are the ones who are happiest. How do we know that’s true? How do we know that deep inside they arent yearning for love? Are’nt they in it to be loved by the people in the first place? Isnt it not love thats pushing them to do what they do? Or are’nt they trying to fill that empty void of love by helping out other people who offers gratitude and love in return?
    You asked if we “see ppl winning awards becuz they’re in love?” Of course not because there arent any awards given for being in love. When it comes to love, there are’nt awards but only rewards.[/quote]

    #1178352
    Avatar of KomLostBong
    KomLostBong
    Participant

    I dont think all religious people are happiness at all…They just pretend as they’re happiness to show the world. Actually, inside their feeling burn out of love, they thirstier about love, they hungry for love…but they cant react, becuz its against their religious discipline…

    Hey!! why I said that??? Becuz I know alots of histories of them more than you!!!

    [i]Originally posted by I3ig_Machine[/i]
    I disagree. If you look at religious ppl who give up love and other worldly attachments, they are the ones who are the happiest, free from worry, and most inspiring. On the other hand, look at all of the suffering that resulted from love and relationships. How many ppl actually inspire becuz of love? Do u see ppl winning awards becuz they’re in love? Why don’t love lead like a religion where millions follow and dedicate themselves to that faith.

    A meaningful life is a life that is dedicated to end the suffering of others. How many ppl in love that don’t fall in that category??? You will always see ppl who believe in this concept continue to do so 50 years from now. They’re still trying to help the community and end world suffering. How many ppl in love will still be together years from now or at the least, not involved in infidelity??

    #1178354
    Avatar of I3ig_Machine
    I3ig_Machine
    Participant

    My point is that just becuz somebody doesn’t have or choose love, doesn’t mean their life is not meaningful. What you’re doing here is mixing love relationship with love and kindness towards others…u know what ppl mean when they talk about love. Do u think of love relationships when somebody say they love to help ppl?? Knock it off!!

    Yes, a meaningful life is different to others. A lot of ppl think having the newest iPod and iPhone is meaningful. A lot of women think buying a lot of shoes is meaningful to them. But let me ask you this. Which is more meaningful? People who choose to detach themselves to worldly things and attachments to dedicate themselves to end the suffering of others…or the person who is in love?? Believe it or not, too many ppl, and I believe most ppl in love couldn’t give a rat’s arse about the sufferings of others. They’re too busy spending time on vacations with each other.

    Note, when you talk about a meaningful life, you’re talking about individuality, but I’m talking about meaningful to the world. Hmmm. It’s really amazing how when ppl talk about their lives or wining the lottery, they talk about what they gonna do for me me me…not really for others.

    Oh, why do I think it’s true that those who give up everything for religion are the happiest. Well, that is the absolute goal of renunciation. Why would anybody give it all up if it’s not going to make them happier? You deal with any religious person and majority of the time, they will still continue doing what they do becuz it brings them joy. That is why religion is so big and that is why millions follow it. Who’s gonna follow you becuz you love your wife? Majority of the time, ppl will either break up or cheat. Love is just like other joys in life, from loving chocolate to playing video games, but just at a higher level and most of the time, it’s proven not long lasting. On the other hand, there is the dedication to helping others. Who’s gonna make the news? College students who go on vacation to party with their boyfriends and girlfriends…or the ones who sacrifice the vacation to rebuild homes for the less fortunate??

    [i]Originally posted by Kaliboy[/i]
    It all depends of what “a meaningful life” means. Some may actually prefer building a trust, a bond, a family with someone they love. Watching your kids grow brings meaning to life.
    You said that religious people who gave up everything are the ones who are happiest. How do we know that’s true? How do we know that deep inside they arent yearning for love? Are’nt they in it to be loved by the people in the first place? Isnt it not love thats pushing them to do what they do? Or are’nt they trying to fill that empty void of love by helping out other people who offers gratitude and love in return?
    You asked if we “see ppl winning awards becuz they’re in love?” Of course not because there arent any awards given for being in love. When it comes to love, there are’nt awards but only rewards.

    #1178356
    Avatar of LiLiNnOc3nTaZn
    LiLiNnOc3nTaZn
    Participant

    thats not true.. i have other things to live besides just love.. i mean it sucks not having love but there are other things in life, like your family..

    #1178358
    Avatar of Kaliboy
    Kaliboy
    Participant

    [i]Originally posted by I3ig_Machine[/i]
    My point is that just becuz somebody doesn’t have or choose love, doesn’t mean their life is not meaningful. What you’re doing here is mixing love relationship with love and kindness towards others…u know what ppl mean when they talk about love. Do u think of love relationships when somebody say they love to help ppl?? Knock it off!!

    Yes, a meaningful life is different to others. A lot of ppl think having the newest iPod and iPhone is meaningful. A lot of women think buying a lot of shoes is meaningful to them. But let me ask you this. Which is more meaningful? People who choose to detach themselves to worldly things and attachments to dedicate themselves to end the suffering of others…or the person who is in love?? Believe it or not, too many ppl, and I believe most ppl in love couldn’t give a rat’s arse about the sufferings of others. They’re too busy spending time on vacations with each other.

    Note, when you talk about a meaningful life, you’re talking about individuality, but I’m talking about meaningful to the world. Hmmm. It’s really amazing how when ppl talk about their lives or wining the lottery, they talk about what they gonna do for me me me…not really for others.

    Oh, why do I think it’s true that those who give up everything for religion are the happiest. Well, that is the absolute goal of renunciation. Why would anybody give it all up if it’s not going to make them happier? You deal with any religious person and majority of the time, they will still continue doing what they do becuz it brings them joy. That is why religion is so big and that is why millions follow it. Who’s gonna follow you becuz you love your wife? Majority of the time, ppl will either break up or cheat. Love is just like other joys in life, from loving chocolate to playing video games, but just at a higher level and most of the time, it’s proven not long lasting. On the other hand, there is the dedication to helping others. Who’s gonna make the news? College students who go on vacation to party with their boyfriends and girlfriends…or the ones who sacrifice the vacation to rebuild homes for the less fortunate??

    [quote]
    [i]Originally posted by Kaliboy[/i]
    It all depends of what “a meaningful life” means. Some may actually prefer building a trust, a bond, a family with someone they love. Watching your kids grow brings meaning to life.
    You said that religious people who gave up everything are the ones who are happiest. How do we know that’s true? How do we know that deep inside they arent yearning for love? Are’nt they in it to be loved by the people in the first place? Isnt it not love thats pushing them to do what they do? Or are’nt they trying to fill that empty void of love by helping out other people who offers gratitude and love in return?
    You asked if we “see ppl winning awards becuz they’re in love?” Of course not because there arent any awards given for being in love. When it comes to love, there are’nt awards but only rewards.

    [/quote]
    Love is a difficult matter. I do understand the point you are trying to convey. But I still think that those who rather invest their time for the sole purpose of helping others are just trying to substitute love.

    You asked which is more meaningful: “People who choose to detach themselves to worldly things and attachments to dedicate themselves to end the suffering of others…or the person who is in love?”. To answer you; It all comes down to what that persons see what “meaningful” means to them. Im not saying Mother Theresa’s life wasnt meaninful but c’mon, dont you think its sad she ….

    Ill finish later.. I have to go visit someone in the hospital….

    #1178360
    Avatar of I3ig_Machine
    I3ig_Machine
    Participant

    I don’t think it’s substitution, but more than love. To love is for oneself, but to dedicate one’s life to end the suffering of other is beyond love.

    Again, you bring down meaningfulness to the individuality, but I ask this which is more meaningful. The person who dedicate themselves to end the suffering of others or the person who love their wife. People who love their wives have nothing to do with most of us, but helping others is meaningful to the ppl it helps.

    I’m sorry, but I don’t think it’s sad if somebody dedicate themselves to helping others. I think it’s sad when most Khmer girls rather think about what to wear and what to buy to look good for their love than the problems that is going on in Cambodia. That is how most ppl think…they think of what they can do everyday to fulfil their self desires…that’s sad.

    [i]Originally posted by Kaliboy[/i]
    Love is a difficult matter. I do understand the point you are trying to convey. But I still think that those who rather invest their time for the sole purpose of helping others are just trying to substitute love.

    You asked which is more meaningful: “People who choose to detach themselves to worldly things and attachments to dedicate themselves to end the suffering of others…or the person who is in love?”. To answer you; It all comes down to what that persons see what “meaningful” means to them. Im not saying Mother Theresa’s life wasnt meaninful but c’mon, dont you think its sad she ….

    Ill finish later.. I have to go visit someone in the hospital….

    #1178362
    Avatar of Kaliboy
    Kaliboy
    Participant

    [i]Originally posted by I3ig_Machine[/i]
    I don’t think it’s substitution, but more than love. To love is for oneself, but to dedicate one’s life to end the suffering of other is beyond love.

    Again, you bring down meaningfulness to the individuality, but I ask this which is more meaningful. The person who dedicate themselves to end the suffering of others or the person who love their wife. People who love their wives have nothing to do with most of us, but helping others is meaningful to the ppl it helps.

    I’m sorry, but I don’t think it’s sad if somebody dedicate themselves to helping others. I think it’s sad when most Khmer girls rather think about what to wear and what to buy to look good for their love than the problems that is going on in Cambodia. That is how most ppl think…they think of what they can do everyday to fulfil their self desires…that’s sad.

    [quote]
    [i]Originally posted by Kaliboy[/i]
    Love is a difficult matter. I do understand the point you are trying to convey. But I still think that those who rather invest their time for the sole purpose of helping others are just trying to substitute love.

    You asked which is more meaningful: “People who choose to detach themselves to worldly things and attachments to dedicate themselves to end the suffering of others…or the person who is in love?”. To answer you; It all comes down to what that persons see what “meaningful” means to them. Im not saying Mother Theresa’s life wasnt meaninful but c’mon, dont you think its sad she ….

    Ill finish later.. I have to go visit someone in the hospital….

    [/quote]

    Yes, this goes back the the point I brought up. It all depends from which perspective you are looking from. You are seeing “meaningfulness” from the outside looking in. I look at it from my point of view; which is inside looking out.

    You raise this question:” which is more meaningful. The person who dedicate themselves to end the suffering of others or the person who love their wife.” For me, personaly, I find more meaningfulness loving my wife than to help others. Sure, it may not be a popular stance but Im just being honest. I could careless what other thinks about me. When chips are down, will other help me or will my wife ride and die for us? That to me is meaningful.

    To continue my previous post; I just thought its sad that she didnt have kids of her own. The first time I read about Mother Theresa and saw her picture, the first thing I saw when I looked in her eyes was loneliness. I asked myself “what drove a woman such as herself to devote her life in helping others”? Did she have her own family to care for? Was she just trying to find an alternative to what she was profoundly missing ? True, her life’s work is “meaningful” to those she helped but did it bring meaningfulness to herself? If so then why did she keep doing it untill the day she passed on? Was she trying to fill a void? That, I dont know. By the way, In no way am I dissing her work and positive influence on the world, Im just naming her as an example.

    [Message last modified 07-27-2008 12:08am by Kaliboy]

    #1178364
    Avatar of Tee_Bird
    Tee_Bird
    Participant

    I agree….Sneaha tum jearng pane dey, ber ott mane sneaha ror nov twer ey?

    [i]Originally posted by WatSrokSre[/i]
    jivit kmearn snaeha kmearn klemsa. Do you agree?

    I disagree.

    #1178366
    Avatar of Urfantasygirl
    Urfantasygirl
    Participant

    i disagree!!!

    #1178368
    Avatar of Tee_Bird
    Tee_Bird
    Participant

    So what is your reason for not agreeing?

    [i]Originally posted by Urfantasygirl[/i]
    i disagree!!!

    #1178370
    Avatar of I3ig_Machine
    I3ig_Machine
    Participant

    So to you, your own selfish desires is more meaningful than helping others. You can try to say I’m trying to look at things that way or it’s someone’s perception or whatever, but at the end of the day, you don’t go beyond yourself, unless you benefit. You brought up the chips being down and will ppl help you. You’re supposed to help ppl becuz that is the right thing to do, not to expect anything back, which is why ppl don’t help as much becuz they don’t think they’ll get anything back. That is why ppl are more into materialism becuz they’re guaranteed to get something if they get it for themselves. How sad that most ppl think like you…otherwise, the world would be a better place.

    When I look at ppl like her, I see the happiness that she brings to the world and I believe that those kind of ppl are the happiest. Otherwise, they wouldn’t give up so much of their lives. I don’t believe anybody would do such a thing unless happiness is on the other side. Most of us couldn’t comprehend becuz we could never reach that level of selfishness. To me, I think it’s sad that most ppl in love aren’t that selfless. Most are just watching out of themselves.

    Don’t u know what single mothers are the least happiest ppl?? Should Mother Theresa have kids? Don’t u know that studies show that couples who don’t have kids are more happier than couples that do have kids??

    A constant thing that I hear is that selflessness and helping others bring the most happiness. Anybody who ever said that rarely change their stance. On the other hand, look at ppl in love and with children, and you’ll see that most cheat and families are broken. At the least, their children wouldn’t give up everything for their parents. For anybody who sees sadness in somebody who is selfless, I think that person probably doesn’t do much selfless acts???

    Which would make a more meaningful world? If everybody thought like you…or everybody thought like Mother Theresa?? Which world would be sadder??

    [i]Originally posted by Kaliboy[/i]

    Yes, this goes back the the point I brought up. It all depends from which perspective you are looking from. You are seeing “meaningfulness” from the outside looking in. I look at it from my point of view; which is inside looking out.

    You raise this question:” which is more meaningful. The person who dedicate themselves to end the suffering of others or the person who love their wife.” For me, personaly, I find more meaningfulness loving my wife than to help others. Sure, it may not be a popular stance but Im just being honest. I could careless what other thinks about me. When chips are down, will other help me or will my wife ride and die for us? That to me is meaningful.

    To continue my previous post; I just thought its sad that she didnt have kids of her own. The first time I read about Mother Theresa and saw her picture, the first thing I saw when I looked in her eyes was loneliness. I asked myself “what drove a woman such as herself to devote her life in helping others”? Did she have her own family to care for? Was she just trying to find an alternative to what she was profoundly missing ? True, her life’s work is “meaningful” to those she helped but did it bring meaningfulness to herself? If so then why did she keep doing it untill the day she passed on? Was she trying to fill a void? That, I dont know. By the way, In no way am I dissing her work and positive influence on the world, Im just naming her as an example.

    [Message last modified 07-27-2008 12:08am by Kaliboy]

    #1178372
    Avatar of Kaliboy
    Kaliboy
    Participant

    [i]Originally posted by I3ig_Machine[/i]
    So to you, your own selfish desires is more meaningful than helping others. You can try to say I’m trying to look at things that way or it’s someone’s perception or whatever, but at the end of the day, you don’t go beyond yourself, unless you benefit. You brought up the chips being down and will ppl help you. You’re supposed to help ppl becuz that is the right thing to do, not to expect anything back, which is why ppl don’t help as much becuz they don’t think they’ll get anything back. That is why ppl are more into materialism becuz they’re guaranteed to get something if they get it for themselves. How sad that most ppl think like you…otherwise, the world would be a better place.

    When I look at ppl like her, I see the happiness that she brings to the world and I believe that those kind of ppl are the happiest. Otherwise, they wouldn’t give up so much of their lives. I don’t believe anybody would do such a thing unless happiness is on the other side. Most of us couldn’t comprehend becuz we could never reach that level of selfishness. To me, I think it’s sad that most ppl in love aren’t that selfless. Most are just watching out of themselves.

    Don’t u know what single mothers are the least happiest ppl?? Should Mother Theresa have kids? Don’t u know that studies show that couples who don’t have kids are more happier than couples that do have kids??

    A constant thing that I hear is that selflessness and helping others bring the most happiness. Anybody who ever said that rarely change their stance. On the other hand, look at ppl in love and with children, and you’ll see that most cheat and families are broken. At the least, their children wouldn’t give up everything for their parents. For anybody who sees sadness in somebody who is selfless, I think that person probably doesn’t do much selfless acts???

    Which would make a more meaningful world? If everybody thought like you…or everybody thought like Mother Theresa?? Which world would be sadder??

    [quote]
    [i]Originally posted by Kaliboy[/i]

    Yes, this goes back the the point I brought up. It all depends from which perspective you are looking from. You are seeing “meaningfulness” from the outside looking in. I look at it from my point of view; which is inside looking out.

    You raise this question:” which is more meaningful. The person who dedicate themselves to end the suffering of others or the person who love their wife.” For me, personaly, I find more meaningfulness loving my wife than to help others. Sure, it may not be a popular stance but Im just being honest. I could careless what other thinks about me. When chips are down, will other help me or will my wife ride and die for us? That to me is meaningful.

    To continue my previous post; I just thought its sad that she didnt have kids of her own. The first time I read about Mother Theresa and saw her picture, the first thing I saw when I looked in her eyes was loneliness. I asked myself “what drove a woman such as herself to devote her life in helping others”? Did she have her own family to care for? Was she just trying to find an alternative to what she was profoundly missing ? True, her life’s work is “meaningful” to those she helped but did it bring meaningfulness to herself? If so then why did she keep doing it untill the day she passed on? Was she trying to fill a void? That, I dont know. By the way, In no way am I dissing her work and positive influence on the world, Im just naming her as an example.

    [Message last modified 07-27-2008 12:08am by Kaliboy]

    [/quote]

    Ok, I speak from reality because I live in reality. I cant devote my life helping others cause I gotta eat. It is sad that people are selffish and want things for themselves but let me ask you this: Which is more meaningful to you? What Mother Theresa did to help people in need or youself? C’mon, be honest here.

    By helping others, she felt a sense of happiness, thus rewarding herself from people’s gratitude. You may wonder, “what kinda logic is that?” But hey! She an exceptional woman and it worked for her.

    Its true that alot of marriages end up in divorce, but at the same time, doesnt that make a lasting relationship even more meaningful? For instance, lets say all of the couples around you gets divorced, would’nt it make that relationship you have been working on 40 years + with your spouse be more meanningful to you? Whats the point of getting married if you expect to eventualy divorce in the future?

    #1178374
    Avatar of imoby
    imoby
    Participant

    Hi everybody, I came across this forum because I’m looking for a very important quote, and this thread is referring to a very similar one!

    Few years ago during vacations I saw a big poster over a street written in another language with a sentence that a friend translated to me into:

    “Life without love is empty/meaningless, our work, useless”.

    I would like to know if it’s a famous sentence from a writer or phylosopher.
    Anybody here already heard it? Any suggestion?

    I would really appreciate any help, thanks a lot! ;)

    #1178377
    Avatar of Haki
    Haki
    Participant

    Yes, so true. Life is meaningless without love. I WANT LOVE SO MUCH! WHERE IS IT?

    #1178379
    Avatar of imoby
    imoby
    Participant

    Hey Guys, could you please translate me the original sentence of the first post in here?
    Who is the author?

    Thanks!

    #1178382
    Avatar of kimpirun98
    kimpirun98
    Participant

    Ofcourse Im very agreement for that…

    [i]Originally posted by WatSrokSre[/i]
    jivit kmearn snaeha kmearn klemsa. Do you agree?

    I disagree.

    #1178384
    Avatar of kimpirun98
    kimpirun98
    Participant

    Author is FarmTemple….

    [i]Originally posted by imoby[/i]
    Hey Guys, could you please translate me the original sentence of the first post in here?
    Who is the author?

    Thanks!

    #1178386
    Avatar of imoby
    imoby
    Participant

    Could you be more precise, please?

    [i]Originally posted by kimpirun98[/i]
    Author is FarmTemple….
    [quote]
    [i]Originally posted by imoby[/i]
    Hey Guys, could you please translate me the original sentence of the first post in here?
    Who is the author?

    Thanks!

    [/quote]

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 40 total)