Need a hobby

Home Forums The Chatterbox Need a hobby

This topic contains 39 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of HiddenIdentity HiddenIdentity 2 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #1643804
    Avatar of HiddenIdentity
    HiddenIdentity
    Participant

    I need a hobby. Any suggestions? What do people do for fun? Eating doesn’t count.

    #1643805
    Avatar of Darony
    Darony
    Participant

    wanna be my sports buddy? do u swim, play badminton, ping pong, or volleyball? I’m into these, besides reading.

    Let the Refining and Improving of your own life keep you so busy that you have little time to criticize others
    #1643806
    Avatar of icyfresh
    icyfresh
    Participant

    Chinese series? :D

    #1643807
    Avatar of borospailin
    borospailin
    Participant

    tennis or table tennis

    [i]Originally posted by HiddenIdentity[/i]
    I need a hobby. Any suggestions? What do people do for fun? Eating doesn’t count.

    #1643808
    Avatar of jantra
    jantra
    Participant

    HiddenIdentity, you are coming out of your shell?

    [i]Originally posted by HiddenIdentity[/i]
    I need a hobby. Any suggestions? What do people do for fun? Eating doesn’t count.

    #1643809
    Avatar of BigP
    BigP
    Participant

    collect something….I use to collect sports card but never really paid off.

    #1643810
    Avatar of HiddenIdentity
    HiddenIdentity
    Participant

    You are too advanced for me my friend. I think I’ll start off with something simple. :D

    [i]Originally posted by Darony[/i]
    wanna be my sports buddy? do u swim, play badminton, ping pong, or volleyball? I’m into these, besides reading.

    #1643811
    Avatar of HiddenIdentity
    HiddenIdentity
    Participant

    Too long for me. I usually lose interest midway. :(

    [i]Originally posted by icyfresh[/i]
    Chinese series? :D

    #1643812
    Avatar of HiddenIdentity
    HiddenIdentity
    Participant

    I’ve been out bong! LOL

    [i]Originally posted by jantra[/i]
    HiddenIdentity, you are coming out of your shell?

    [quote]
    [i]Originally posted by HiddenIdentity[/i]
    I need a hobby. Any suggestions? What do people do for fun? Eating doesn’t count.

    [/quote]

    #1643813
    Avatar of HiddenIdentity
    HiddenIdentity
    Participant

    Hmmm… maybe I should collect stamps.

    [i]Originally posted by BigP[/i]
    collect something….I use to collect sports card but never really paid off.

    #1643814
    Avatar of dried_rice
    dried_rice
    Participant

    Try photography. It’ll encourage you to explore/appreciate/see the world in another light. You might also one day wake up earlier than everyone in your neighborhood just so you can drive up some hill to capture the sunrise, it’s an amazingly serene feeling. I got into this hobby a few years ago and now I naturally bring my camera to a lot of the activities I do. It’s fun, not frustrating, easy to add into your other activities.

    Or some sports like tennis like people suggested. Something like tennis might not be that enjoyable at the beginning when you suck at it. You spend a lot of time chasing after the ball outside the court.

    Or you can collect stamps as you suggested. I don’t see the joy in this, but people do it, so they must find enjoyment from it.

    [i]Originally posted by HiddenIdentity[/i]
    Hmmm… maybe I should collect stamps.

    [quote]
    [i]Originally posted by BigP[/i]
    collect something….I use to collect sports card but never really paid off.

    [/quote]

    #1643815
    Avatar of Korbelicious
    Korbelicious
    Participant

    [i]Originally posted by HiddenIdentity[/i]
    I need a hobby. Any suggestions? What do people do for fun? Eating doesn’t count.

    I shoot fotos, cook, make music, and take long romantic walks on the beach. Hobbies is a form of escape.

    "Help me help you"
    #1643816
    Avatar of Jennica
    Jennica
    Participant

    Korb,
    hmmm, i’m asumming you are taking these long romantc walks with your dog, right? :)

    #1643817
    Avatar of Korbelicious
    Korbelicious
    Participant

    [i]Originally posted by Jennica[/i]
    Korb,
    hmmm, i’m asumming you are taking these long romantc walks with your dog, right? :)

    Omg! There goes my secret!! :P

    "Help me help you"
    #1643818
    Avatar of HiddenIdentity
    HiddenIdentity
    Participant

    lol…

    [i]Originally posted by Korbelicious[/i]

    [quote]
    [i]Originally posted by Jennica[/i]
    Korb,
    hmmm, i’m asumming you are taking these long romantc walks with your dog, right? :)

    Omg! There goes my secret!! :P[/quote]

    #1643819
    Avatar of HiddenIdentity
    HiddenIdentity
    Participant

    you sound like a romantic being. LOL

    [i]Originally posted by Korbelicious[/i]

    [quote]
    [i]Originally posted by HiddenIdentity[/i]
    I need a hobby. Any suggestions? What do people do for fun? Eating doesn’t count.

    I shoot fotos, cook, make music, and take long romantic walks on the beach. Hobbies is a form of escape. [/quote]

    #1643820
    Avatar of Korbelicious
    Korbelicious
    Participant

    Yes, I like being romantic. I know it’s a loss art…but oh well. :D

    [i]Originally posted by HiddenIdentity[/i]
    you sound like a romantic being. LOL
    [quote]
    [i]Originally posted by Korbelicious[/i]

    [quote]
    [i]Originally posted by HiddenIdentity[/i]
    I need a hobby. Any suggestions? What do people do for fun? Eating doesn’t count.

    I shoot fotos, cook, make music, and take long romantic walks on the beach. Hobbies is a form of escape. [/quote]
    [/quote]

    "Help me help you"
    #1643821
    Avatar of Kadin
    Kadin
    Moderator

    Hiking or playing tennis.

    [i]Originally posted by HiddenIdentity[/i]
    I need a hobby. Any suggestions? What do people do for fun? Eating doesn’t count.

    បានចូលសាលា មានសញ្ញាប្រ័ត មិន ប្រាកដថាមានសមត្ថភាពក្នុងកិច្ចការ នោះទេ
    #1643822
    Avatar of HiddenIdentity
    HiddenIdentity
    Participant

    Maybe in the summer. It’s too cold now.

    [i]Originally posted by Kadin[/i]
    Hiking or playing tennis.

    [quote]
    [i]Originally posted by HiddenIdentity[/i]
    I need a hobby. Any suggestions? What do people do for fun? Eating doesn’t count.

    [/quote]

    #1643823
    Avatar of Kadin
    Kadin
    Moderator

    hehe oh yeah it’s winter.
    I don’t do anything special during winter either.

    I jog in place at home :D

    [i]Originally posted by HiddenIdentity[/i]
    Maybe in the summer. It’s too cold now.

    [quote]
    [i]Originally posted by Kadin[/i]
    Hiking or playing tennis.

    [quote]
    [i]Originally posted by HiddenIdentity[/i]
    I need a hobby. Any suggestions? What do people do for fun? Eating doesn’t count.

    [/quote]
    [/quote]

    បានចូលសាលា មានសញ្ញាប្រ័ត មិន ប្រាកដថាមានសមត្ថភាពក្នុងកិច្ចការ នោះទេ
    #1643824
    Avatar of HiddenIdentity
    HiddenIdentity
    Participant

    It’s not a loss art. Any lady would appreciate a romantic man.

    [i]Originally posted by Korbelicious[/i]
    Yes, I like being romantic. I know it’s a loss art…but oh well. :D
    [quote]
    [i]Originally posted by HiddenIdentity[/i]
    you sound like a romantic being. LOL
    [quote]
    [i]Originally posted by Korbelicious[/i]

    [quote]
    [i]Originally posted by HiddenIdentity[/i]
    I need a hobby. Any suggestions? What do people do for fun? Eating doesn’t count.

    I shoot fotos, cook, make music, and take long romantic walks on the beach. Hobbies is a form of escape. [/quote]
    [/quote]
    [/quote]

    #1643825
    Avatar of Korbelicious
    Korbelicious
    Participant

    [i]Originally posted by HiddenIdentity[/i]
    It’s not a loss art. Any lady would appreciate a romantic man.

    "Help me help you"
    #1643826
    Avatar of dried_rice
    dried_rice
    Participant

    Hi Delicious, I can’t help but to respond to you once again. Since we do live around each other, mind telling me when and where you do your long romantic walks? I don’t do romantic walks, but I do go on long walks. So, if I ever decide to invest in a pair of high-powered binoculars, you can be sure I will be observing your long romantic walks while I do my long walks. 2 birds with one stone. Nothing is sweeter than this. How much do high-powered binoculars go for anyhow? Eh, it doesn’t matter. You will be my justification for it.
    Btw, is it okay if I modify your statement ‘hobby is a form of escape’ to ‘hobby is a form of enrichment.’ I like the latter more because I thought of it.

    HiddenID, still looking for a hobby? Ooh, I have a new one for you. Try photography because it goes well with ‘hobby is a form of enrichment.’

    #1643827
    Avatar of Korbelicious
    Korbelicious
    Participant

    [i]Originally posted by dried_rice[/i]
    Hi Delicious, I can’t help but to respond to you once again. Since we do live around each other, mind telling me when and where you do your long romantic walks? I don’t do romantic walks, but I do go on long walks. So, if I ever decide to invest in a pair of high-powered binoculars, you can be sure I will be observing your long romantic walks while I do my long walks. 2 birds with one stone. Nothing is sweeter than this. How much do high-powered binoculars go for anyhow? Eh, it doesn’t matter. You will be my justification for it.
    Btw, is it okay if I modify your statement ‘hobby is a form of escape’ to ‘hobby is a form of enrichment.’ I like the latter more because I thought of it.

    HiddenID, still looking for a hobby? Ooh, I have a new one for you. Try photography because it goes well with ‘hobby is a form of enrichment.’

    lmao

    "Help me help you"
    #1643828
    Avatar of Mercury
    Mercury
    Participant

    Dried Rice, aren’t you male?

    Anyways, a good hobby should be something that interest you. If you try out a hobby that you’re not interested in, well, duh, you’ll give up on it quickly.

    #1643829
    Avatar of Korbelicious
    Korbelicious
    Participant

    HiddenIdentity, any hobbies striking ur fancy so far?

    "Help me help you"
    #1643830
    Avatar of Sovie
    Sovie
    Participant

    Do crafts! Nothing like working with sharp objects and highly addictive material to get your blood pumping. lol. Ok, maybe it’s not that exciting for everyone but it’s an option.

    My current hobby is cooking and baking. I get way too excited trying out new ingredients and learning their taste, texture and how to work with them. Also flavour combinations have been fun too.

    http://bobbleheaddiary.wordpress.com/
    #1643831
    Avatar of
    Anonymous

    Crafting is fun. I love to crochet, collect vintage trolls and teacups, or read books and write reviews on Goodread.com

    #1643832
    Avatar of sunnie
    sunnie
    Participant

    get a cat and you will spend hours grooming her: brush her teeth, cut her nails, brush her hair, and remove dingle berries if she’s not careful in her litter box. she will be your ONLY hobby but she will love you forever and vice versa.

    #1643833
    Avatar of Korbelicious
    Korbelicious
    Participant

    [i]Originally posted by sunnie[/i]
    get a cat and you will spend hours grooming her: brush her teeth, cut her nails, brush her hair, and remove dingle berries if she’s not careful in her litter box. she will be your ONLY hobby but she will love you forever and vice versa.

    Oh my goodness. haha

    "Help me help you"
    #1643834
    Avatar of yap_nass
    yap_nass
    Participant

    Suggestions:
    - photography
    - join a photography club
    - learn to swim
    - learn to play an instrument, eg. guitar, piano, flute, ukelele etc.
    - get a pet
    - when you’re really really bored just put on your walking shoes and go for a walk around the block or climb a mountain
    - join dance classes
    - cook a new dish each week

    I do most of the above myself :)

    [Message last modified 02-14-2012 12:28pm by yap_nass]

    #1643835
    Avatar of dried_rice
    dried_rice
    Participant

    I don’t like it when people suggest learning how to play an instrument as a hobby. It brings up made-up memories of frustration and pain, and then disappointment that I didn’t have the patience to stick with it.

    Hidden, have you tried out some of the suggested hobbies, specifically my suggestion? Your answer to this question interests me greatly because it might mean that I have changed someone’s life.

    [i]Originally posted by yap_nass[/i]
    Suggestions:
    - photography
    - join a photography club
    - learn to swim
    - learn to play an instrument, eg. guitar, piano, flute, ukelele etc.
    - get a pet
    - when you’re really really bored just put on your walking shoes and go for a walk around the block or climb a mountain
    - join dance classes
    - cook a new dish each week

    I do most of the above myself :)

    [Message last modified 02-14-2012 12:28pm by yap_nass]

    #1643836
    Avatar of HiddenIdentity
    HiddenIdentity
    Participant

    I have a few things I want to try. :)

    [i]Originally posted by Korbelicious[/i]
    HiddenIdentity, any hobbies striking ur fancy so far?

    #1643837
    Avatar of HiddenIdentity
    HiddenIdentity
    Participant

    Thanks for the long list! appreciated. I might try playing an instrument.

    [i]Originally posted by yap_nass[/i]
    Suggestions:
    - photography
    - join a photography club
    - learn to swim
    - learn to play an instrument, eg. guitar, piano, flute, ukelele etc.
    - get a pet
    - when you’re really really bored just put on your walking shoes and go for a walk around the block or climb a mountain
    - join dance classes
    - cook a new dish each week

    I do most of the above myself :)

    [Message last modified 02-14-2012 12:28pm by yap_nass]

    #1643838
    Avatar of HiddenIdentity
    HiddenIdentity
    Participant

    I’ve tried taking pictures with camera phone before and I’m not the best at it. Maybe when I can get a decent camera to work with. :D

    [i]Originally posted by dried_rice[/i]
    I don’t like it when people suggest learning how to play an instrument as a hobby. It brings up made-up memories of frustration and pain, and then disappointment that I didn’t have the patience to stick with it.

    Hidden, have you tried out some of the suggested hobbies, specifically my suggestion? Your answer to this question interests me greatly because it might mean that I have changed someone’s life.

    [quote]
    [i]Originally posted by yap_nass[/i]
    Suggestions:
    - photography
    - join a photography club
    - learn to swim
    - learn to play an instrument, eg. guitar, piano, flute, ukelele etc.
    - get a pet
    - when you’re really really bored just put on your walking shoes and go for a walk around the block or climb a mountain
    - join dance classes
    - cook a new dish each week

    I do most of the above myself :)

    [Message last modified 02-14-2012 12:28pm by yap_nass]

    [/quote]

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 40 total)