Thai Lakorn dubbed in Khmer wanted

Home Forums Entertainment Thai Lakorn dubbed in Khmer wanted

This topic contains 22 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of Somalie Somalie 7 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #717025
    Avatar of Mirage
    Mirage
    Participant

    Since Youtube only permits a maximum of 10 min for each video, I offer to upload them on my site for khmer ppl who wish to view them in whole. I just hope the ppl who are actually uploading them on youtube be part of the khmer connection community, if so please contact me and ill make arrangements to dl the whole videos from you and upload them on my site for all of you to also be able to dl them.

    Last time I offered for khmer music, but didnt get much response for it, i’m hoping this time it will get through.

    #717027
    Avatar of miracle_mile
    miracle_mile
    Participant

    what’s up with you women and thai lakaon?

    #717030
    Avatar of Somalie
    Somalie
    Participant

    [i]Originally posted by miracle_mile[/i]
    what’s up with you women and thai lakaon?

    What’s up with it? It’s like men and sports.

    [Message last modified 05-06-2007 01:30pm by Somalie]

    #717033
    Avatar of bEeFVWCorrado
    bEeFVWCorrado
    Participant

    [i]Originally posted by Somalie[/i]
    [quote]
    [i]Originally posted by miracle_mile[/i]
    what’s up with you women and thai lakaon?

    What’s up with it? It’s like men and sports.

    [Message last modified 05-06-2007 01:30pm by Somalie][/quote]

    Why thai? why not Khmer? Khmer men are not into thai sports

    #717036
    Avatar of Mirage
    Mirage
    Participant

    Well my wife indeed like many peeps in srok khmer love those lakorn, and I think not just her since they are all over youtube, probly women mostly but its like canadians watching the US soaps. So I wish to help those who like watching them. I’m actually dl some of them and converting them so there is no cuts. But its a huge job when you only have a few hours a day to do it, it would help greatly if they were all in one rip. Anyways its no big deal but it would be usefull for many if it works out.

    #717039
    Avatar of Somalie
    Somalie
    Participant

    As much as I like Khmer to succeed, but Khmer needs a lot of help in the entertainment field.

    [i]Originally posted by bEeFVWCorrado[/i]

    [quote]
    [i]Originally posted by Somalie[/i]
    [quote]
    [i]Originally posted by miracle_mile[/i]
    what’s up with you women and thai lakaon?

    What’s up with it? It’s like men and sports.

    [Message last modified 05-06-2007 01:30pm by Somalie][/quote]

    Why thai? why not Khmer? Khmer men are not into thai sports[/quote]

    #717042
    Avatar of ClayPotMonkey
    ClayPotMonkey
    Participant

    I don’t like the idea. I absolutely think that this is totally wrong and it doesn’t benefit the system but will hurt the system. You’re asking for lawsuite..

    Just my opinion, don’t read to much into it.

    [i]Originally posted by Mirage[/i]
    Since Youtube only permits a maximum of 10 min for each video, I offer to upload them on my site for khmer ppl who wish to view them in whole. I just hope the ppl who are actually uploading them on youtube be part of the khmer connection community, if so please contact me and ill make arrangements to dl the whole videos from you and upload them on my site for all of you to also be able to dl them.

    Last time I offered for khmer music, but didnt get much response for it, i’m hoping this time it will get through.

    #717045
    Avatar of Arprimm
    Arprimm
    Participant

    he’s doing the same thing as many other people are doing on youtube with longer segment. i don’t think it’s a problem…beside, are those lakorn copyrighted? I don’t think thai lakorns are copyrighted. If they are, let me know.

    By the way Mirage, I would be greatly interested if you do put it up. Do you by any chance have khmer classic movies too?

    [i]Originally posted by ClayPotMonkey[/i]
    I don’t like the idea. I absolutely think that this is totally wrong and it doesn’t benefit the system but will hurt the system. You’re asking for lawsuite..

    Just my opinion, don’t read to much into it.

    [quote]
    [i]Originally posted by Mirage[/i]
    Since Youtube only permits a maximum of 10 min for each video, I offer to upload them on my site for khmer ppl who wish to view them in whole. I just hope the ppl who are actually uploading them on youtube be part of the khmer connection community, if so please contact me and ill make arrangements to dl the whole videos from you and upload them on my site for all of you to also be able to dl them.

    Last time I offered for khmer music, but didnt get much response for it, i’m hoping this time it will get through.

    [/quote]

    #717048
    Avatar of bEeFVWCorrado
    bEeFVWCorrado
    Participant

    [i]Originally posted by Somalie[/i]
    As much as I like Khmer to succeed, but Khmer needs a lot of help in the entertainment field.

    I don’t see anything better…storyline is no different. thai actually stole Khmer concepts and stories for their own. Unless its special effects, which thai lakoun doesn’t really use, I see that Khmer lakoun is jsut as good, if not better. I know Khmer people jsut look up to thai cuz they are trendy…

    #717050
    Avatar of Somalie
    Somalie
    Participant

    [i]Originally posted by bEeFVWCorrado[/i]

    [quote]
    [i]Originally posted by Somalie[/i]
    As much as I like Khmer to succeed, but Khmer needs a lot of help in the entertainment field.

    I don’t see anything better…storyline is no different. thai actually stole Khmer concepts and stories for their own. Unless its special effects, which thai lakoun doesn’t really use, I see that Khmer lakoun is jsut as good, if not better. I know Khmer people jsut look up to thai cuz they are trendy…[/quote]

    After Khmer Rouge regime, our films have weakened tremendously. We lost many talented people in the filming industry. We are coming back but it’s a slow come back. The budget isn’t there so they are faced with challenges. The widespread of counterfeit and lax enforcement of copyright, which results in decreased and discouraged investors. So to date, Thai is definitely trendier when compared to Khmer.

    #717053
    Avatar of bEeFVWCorrado
    bEeFVWCorrado
    Participant

    [i]Originally posted by Somalie[/i]
    After Khmer Rouge regime, our films have weakened tremendously. We lost many talented people in the filming industry. We are coming back but it’s a slow come back. The budget isn’t there so they are faced with challenges. The widespread of counterfeit and lax enforcement of copyright, which results in decreased and discouraged investors. So to date, Thai is definitely trendier when compared to Khmer.

    That is true…low budget. But I think the talent is still there…but lack of support. I do have to complain about the low budget filming and Khmer voice dub over Khmer movie…if there was only more Rithy Pan style out there

    #717056
    Avatar of Somalie
    Somalie
    Participant

    [i]Originally posted by bEeFVWCorrado[/i]

    [quote]
    [i]Originally posted by Somalie[/i]
    After Khmer Rouge regime, our films have weakened tremendously. We lost many talented people in the filming industry. We are coming back but it’s a slow come back. The budget isn’t there so they are faced with challenges. The widespread of counterfeit and lax enforcement of copyright, which results in decreased and discouraged investors. So to date, Thai is definitely trendier when compared to Khmer.

    That is true…low budget. But I think the talent is still there…but lack of support. I do have to complain about the low budget filming and Khmer voice dub over Khmer movie…if there was only more Rithy Pan style out there[/quote]

    I am glad that we are on the same page. I didn’t want you to get the wrong idea about my perception.

    #717059
    Avatar of Somalie
    Somalie
    Participant

    Mirage, I would deeply appreciated if you could do it up.

    #717062
    Avatar of bEeFVWCorrado
    bEeFVWCorrado
    Participant

    [i]Originally posted by Somalie[/i]

    I am glad that we are on the same page. I didn’t want you to get the wrong idea about my perception.

    yes yes…I still don’t believe Thai lakoun are better tho…I watched them back then, the movie was pretty good…but they were pretty simple. They takes place in only a few areas…and they have simialr themes…guy chase girl…girl reject him…girl fall in love aftr he rapes her…he has accident and bandaged his head…she visit him in hospital. Then they have helpers like the guy is rich and has a butler or a maid help him win the girl’s heart. Props were simple…nothing “high budget” about them…but they were good. In terms of lakoun, I don’t think thai’s are better. I see some great Khmer lakouns out there.

    #717065
    Avatar of Somalie
    Somalie
    Participant

    [i]Originally posted by bEeFVWCorrado[/i]

    [quote]
    [i]Originally posted by Somalie[/i]

    I am glad that we are on the same page. I didn’t want you to get the wrong idea about my perception.

    yes yes…I still don’t believe Thai lakoun are better tho…I watched them back then, the movie was pretty good…but they were pretty simple. They takes place in only a few areas…and they have simialr themes…guy chase girl…girl reject him…girl fall in love aftr he rapes her…he has accident and bandaged his head…she visit him in hospital. Then they have helpers like the guy is rich and has a butler or a maid help him win the girl’s heart. Props were simple…nothing “high budget” about them…but they were good. In terms of lakoun, I don’t think thai’s are better. I see some great Khmer lakouns out there.[/quote]

    Really???? I have not seen a good one yet. Mind sharing the one that you thought it was good?

    #717068
    Avatar of bEeFVWCorrado
    bEeFVWCorrado
    Participant

    [i]Originally posted by Somalie[/i]

    Really???? I have not seen a good one yet. Mind sharing the one that you thought it was good?

    Obviously, you haven’t seen many Khmer movies tha came out. And obviously, you have not seen anything by Rithy Pan or Sam Lorn either…if u consider Khmer outside of Cambodia.

    Tell me this, what have you seen that you thought was not good?

    #717071
    Avatar of Somalie
    Somalie
    Participant

    [i]Originally posted by bEeFVWCorrado[/i]

    [quote]
    [i]Originally posted by Somalie[/i]

    Really???? I have not seen a good one yet. Mind sharing the one that you thought it was good?

    Obviously, you haven’t seen many Khmer movies tha came out. And obviously, you have not seen anything by Rithy Pan or Sam Lorn either…if u consider Khmer outside of Cambodia.

    Tell me this, what have you seen that you thought was not good?[/quote]

    I feel like you are attacking me for the wrong reason here. More than anything, I like Khmer to shine. But I can’t lie that this generation is flourishing when Cambodian actors deliver poor performances. They need more acting skills, better (more) directors, superior movie making equipments, but I know that those kinds of things will eventually come.

    Back in the old days, stars could perform, the film writer could compose, and the movie director could direct. I’ve seen “Rice People” and “One Evening After the War” and I thought they came a long way. They improved tremendously.

    #717074
    Avatar of bEeFVWCorrado
    bEeFVWCorrado
    Participant

    [i]Originally posted by Somalie[/i]

    I feel like you are attacking me for the wrong reason here. More than anything, I like Khmer to shine. But I can’t lie that this generation is flourishing when Cambodian actors deliver poor performances. They need more acting skills, better (more) directors, superior movie making equipments, but I know that those kinds of things will eventually come.

    Back in the old days, stars could perform, the film writer could compose, and the movie director could direct. I’ve seen “Rice People” and “One Evening After the War” and I thought they came a long way. They improved tremendously.

    Wrong reason? Acting is personal talent…some aer good…some are not as good. I’ve seen Khmer movies with both good and mediocre acting…same with American, etc…

    Let me quote you, “After Khmer Rouge regime, our films have weakened tremendously. We lost many talented people in the filming industry. We are coming back but it’s a slow come back. The budget isn’t there so they are faced with challenges. The widespread of counterfeit and lax enforcement of copyright, which results in decreased and discouraged investors. So to date, Thai is definitely trendier when compared to Khmer.”

    I attacked you for the wrong reason? I agree we lsot a lot of talented actors…but there are a lot of new talented actors that came out as well.

    Budget isn’t there…for what? How much does a soap opera cost? I thought its about acting, not budget since many thai lakouns does’t even do anything extravagent…its mostly dialog…so I don’t know what you’re talking about…

    I think you girls are jsut obsessed with thsoe thai actors more than the content of the movies…yall think so and so is hot…this girl is cute cuz she kon kat, etc…when it comes to Khmer actors, all yall talk about is this girl is scandalouz and a “ho” etc…yall really watch the movies for the actor/actress than the content…which is nothing unique.

    [Message last modified 05-09-2007 04:05pm by bEeFVWCorrado]

    #717077
    Avatar of untinnu
    untinnu
    Participant

    I’m not so sure whether it’s illegal or not. Well,

    Anything is legal as long as you don’t get caught.

    Many uploaders (including myself) have uploaded lakorns and someone from Thailand got a hold of the links and posted it up on an Official Thai Webboard, which resulted in many many forums to shut down immediately and erased everything since they (Thai officials, something like that) were looking into it. And now Youtube is banned in Thailand, so they probably won’t know much about the downloadings/uploadings. They do know about it, but they just can’t do anything about it.

    [i]Originally posted by Arprimm[/i]
    he’s doing the same thing as many other people are doing on youtube with longer segment. i don’t think it’s a problem…beside, are those lakorn copyrighted? I don’t think thai lakorns are copyrighted. If they are, let me know.

    By the way Mirage, I would be greatly interested if you do put it up. Do you by any chance have khmer classic movies too?

    [quote]
    [i]Originally posted by ClayPotMonkey[/i]
    I don’t like the idea. I absolutely think that this is totally wrong and it doesn’t benefit the system but will hurt the system. You’re asking for lawsuite..

    Just my opinion, don’t read to much into it.

    [quote]
    [i]Originally posted by Mirage[/i]
    Since Youtube only permits a maximum of 10 min for each video, I offer to upload them on my site for khmer ppl who wish to view them in whole. I just hope the ppl who are actually uploading them on youtube be part of the khmer connection community, if so please contact me and ill make arrangements to dl the whole videos from you and upload them on my site for all of you to also be able to dl them.

    Last time I offered for khmer music, but didnt get much response for it, i’m hoping this time it will get through.

    [/quote]
    [/quote]

    #717080
    Avatar of Somalie
    Somalie
    Participant

    [i]Originally posted by bEeFVWCorrado[/i]
    [quote]
    [i]Originally posted by Somalie[/i]

    I feel like you are attacking me for the wrong reason here. More than anything, I like Khmer to shine. But I can’t lie that this generation is flourishing when Cambodian actors deliver poor performances. They need more acting skills, better (more) directors, superior movie making equipments, but I know that those kinds of things will eventually come.

    Back in the old days, stars could perform, the film writer could compose, and the movie director could direct. I’ve seen “Rice People” and “One Evening After the War” and I thought they came a long way. They improved tremendously.

    Wrong reason? Acting is personal talent…some aer good…some are not as good. I’ve seen Khmer movies with both good and mediocre acting…same with American, etc…

    Let me quote you, “After Khmer Rouge regime, our films have weakened tremendously. We lost many talented people in the filming industry. We are coming back but it’s a slow come back. The budget isn’t there so they are faced with challenges. The widespread of counterfeit and lax enforcement of copyright, which results in decreased and discouraged investors. So to date, Thai is definitely trendier when compared to Khmer.”

    I attacked you for the wrong reason? I agree we lsot a lot of talented actors…but there are a lot of new talented actors that came out as well.

    Budget isn’t there…for what? How much does a soap opera cost? I thought its about acting, not budget since many thai lakouns does’t even do anything extravagent…its mostly dialog…so I don’t know what you’re talking about…

    I think you girls are jsut obsessed with thsoe thai actors more than the content of the movies…yall think so and so is hot…this girl is cute cuz she kon kat, etc…when it comes to Khmer actors, all yall talk about is this girl is scandalouz and a “ho” etc…yall really watch the movies for the actor/actress than the content…which is nothing unique.

    [Message last modified 05-09-2007 04:05pm by bEeFVWCorrado][/quote]

    It seems like you have so much anger towards Thai or anyone liking Thais. I don’t think we can improve unless we recognize our weaknesses. Many Khmer new generation actors were born with acting talents but need guidance. I can’t say that their performances are extraordinary but they are improving.

    #717082
    Avatar of cheetahpaws
    cheetahpaws
    Participant

    why don’t you just go to http://www.dubbed-lakorn.com and order?

    #717085
    Avatar of bEeFVWCorrado
    bEeFVWCorrado
    Participant

    [i]Originally posted by Somalie[/i]

    It seems like you have so much anger towards Thai or anyone liking Thais. I don’t think we can improve unless we recognize our weaknesses. Many Khmer new generation actors were born with acting talents but need guidance. I can’t say that their performances are extraordinary but they are improving.

    Whatever…you are saying Thai acting is better. But I’ve watch both Khmer and thai…its pretty similar. Yes, they need guidance…but I don’t think Khmer soaps are inferior to the point where u can’t enjoy it. Again, I’ve seen Thai soaps before…people jsut think its cute etc…the guy is cute etc…In fact, my mom used to do the voice over for a company that dub Khmer for tha movies. Long ago, there were two company, that company and Mayura…but that company went udner and everyone moved to Mauyra. I have so many thais relatives its a joke…I’m talking pure thai as well as thai speaking people from pailin, Kolah, etc…I’m not jsut hating just cuz…

    #717088
    Avatar of Somalie
    Somalie
    Participant

    I guess we can’t agree on this particular subject,bEeFVWCorrado.

    [i]Originally posted by bEeFVWCorrado[/i]

    Whatever…you are saying Thai acting is better. But I’ve watch both Khmer and thai…its pretty similar. Yes, they need guidance…but I don’t think Khmer soaps are inferior to the point where u can’t enjoy it. Again, I’ve seen Thai soaps before…people jsut think its cute etc…the guy is cute etc…In fact, my mom used to do the voice over for a company that dub Khmer for tha movies. Long ago, there were two company, that company and Mayura…but that company went udner and everyone moved to Mauyra. I have so many thais relatives its a joke…I’m talking pure thai as well as thai speaking people from pailin, Kolah, etc…I’m not jsut hating just cuz…

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)