the Khmer language

Home Forums The Chatterbox the Khmer language

This topic contains 27 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of MrNObody MrNObody 4 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #142786
    Avatar of yap_nass
    yap_nass
    Participant

    Let’s communicate in Khmer.

    សួស្តី សុខសប្បាយទាំងអស់គ្នា?
    បានអីញុំាល្ងាចនេះ?

    in Khmerlish for those who cannot read Khmer:

    soursdey, sok sabbai teng os knear?
    ban ey nhum l’geach nis?

    :)

    #142805
    Avatar of Kadin
    Kadin
    Moderator

    there’s a forum for that..

    http://khmer.cc/community/f.c?b=17

    I’m moving this thread there in a few minutes.

    បានចូលសាលា មានសញ្ញាប្រ័ត មិន ប្រាកដថាមានសមត្ថភាពក្នុងកិច្ចការ នោះទេ
    #142820
    Avatar of samo
    samo
    Participant

    nice one akadin :D

    #142836
    Avatar of yap_nass
    yap_nass
    Participant

    fine! but that forum is so dead.

    samo: laughing at another’s misery is so like you and so un-nice.

    #142850
    Avatar of MrNObody
    MrNObody
    Participant

    i tell ya. yabnass and samo make a perfect couple.

    #142863
    Avatar of samo
    samo
    Participant

    :)

    [i]Originally posted by yap_nass[/i]
    fine! but that forum is so dead.

    samo: laughing at another’s misery is so like you and so un-nice.

    #142875
    Avatar of samo
    samo
    Participant

    i am taken.

    you and yapnass make the best combo

    [i]Originally posted by MrNObody[/i]
    i tell ya. yabnass and samo make a perfect couple.

    #142891
    Avatar of yap_nass
    yap_nass
    Participant

    ^ I am not available, mate.

    #142904
    Avatar of Kadin
    Kadin
    Moderator

    you’re busy? :D

    [i]Originally posted by yap_nass[/i]
    ^ I am not available, mate.

    បានចូលសាលា មានសញ្ញាប្រ័ត មិន ប្រាកដថាមានសមត្ថភាពក្នុងកិច្ចការ នោះទេ
    #142918
    Avatar of samo
    samo
    Participant

    is u the interesting in her?

    [i]Originally posted by Kadin[/i]

    you’re busy? :D

    [quote]
    [i]Originally posted by yap_nass[/i]
    ^ I am not available, mate.

    [/quote]

    #142932
    Avatar of Meli
    Meli
    Participant

    Can you teach me? :)

    [i]Originally posted by yap_nass[/i]
    Let’s communicate in Khmer.

    សួស្តី សុខសប្បាយទាំងអស់គ្នា?
    បានអីញុំាល្ងាចនេះ?

    in Khmerlish for those who cannot read Khmer:

    soursdey, sok sabbai teng os knear?
    ban ey nhum l’geach nis?

    :)

    #142946
    Avatar of yap_nass
    yap_nass
    Participant

    [i]Originally posted by Meli[/i]
    Can you teach me? :)

    sure :)

    1. soursdey = Hello (pronounced sou-r-sdey)

    2. sok sabbai teng os knear?

    Sok = fine
    Sabbai = happy
    Teng os = everything
    knear = person

    When combined, teng os knear means everybody

    Hence, How are you all? or How’s everyone?

    3. ban ey nhum l’geach nis?

    ban (pronounced b-arn) = have
    ey = what
    nhum = eat
    l’gneach = evening
    nis = this

    therefore: what do you have to eat this evening or what’s for dinner?

    Ask your boyfriend to teach you how to correctly pronounce the words when you speak to him. You’ll pick it up faster that way.

    #142959
    Avatar of yap_nass
    yap_nass
    Participant

    ស្ញេញពីរ

    [i]Originally posted by Kadin[/i]

    you’re busy? :D

    [quote]
    [i]Originally posted by yap_nass[/i]
    ^ I am not available, mate.

    [/quote]

    #142973
    Avatar of samo
    samo
    Participant

    what mean?

    [i]Originally posted by yap_nass[/i]
    ស្ញេញពីរ

    [quote]
    [i]Originally posted by Kadin[/i]

    you’re busy? :D

    [quote]
    [i]Originally posted by yap_nass[/i]
    ^ I am not available, mate.

    [/quote]
    [/quote]

    #142987
    Avatar of Meli
    Meli
    Participant

    soursdey yap_nas. Dja, kyom sok se bai. yap_ nas sok se bai dtei?
    kyom jong reeyun pet sar khmer. kyom jek neeyei pet sar khmer tet tet.

    Kyom jol jit mahope khmer. :D

    [i]Originally posted by yap_nass[/i]
    Let’s communicate in Khmer.

    សួស្តី សុខសប្បាយទាំងអស់គ្នា?
    បានអីញុំាល្ងាចនេះ?

    in Khmerlish for those who cannot read Khmer:

    soursdey, sok sabbai teng os knear?
    ban ey nhum l’geach nis?

    :)

    #143000
    Avatar of yap_nass
    yap_nass
    Participant

    [i]Originally posted by Meli[/i]
    soursdey yap_nas. Dja, kyom sok se bai. yap_ nas sok se bai dtei?
    kyom jong reeyun pet sar khmer. kyom jek neeyei pet sar khmer tet tet.

    Kyom jol jit mahope khmer. :D

    kyom sok sabbai tomada.

    men deng sos tha Meli ches niyeay peasar Khmer tich tich. Yerng aj niyeay peasar Khmer cheamouy knear.

    Laor nas. Mahope Khmer chgan. Kyom chol chet mahope teng oss pii kroub protes oy teh mahope os nos chgan :)

    Now we need to get you to type in the Khmer scripts.

    #143015
    Avatar of yap_nass
    yap_nass
    Participant

    this ” :D ” is ស្ញេញ. ពីរ is two or twice
    >>> :D :D to Kadin’s comment.

    understood?

    [i]Originally posted by samo[/i]
    what mean?
    [quote]
    [i]Originally posted by yap_nass[/i]
    ស្ញេញពីរ

    [quote]
    [i]Originally posted by Kadin[/i]

    you’re busy? :D

    [quote]
    [i]Originally posted by yap_nass[/i]
    ^ I am not available, mate.

    [/quote]
    [/quote]
    [/quote]

    #143029
    Avatar of Meli
    Meli
    Participant

    Yes, we have to. I think it’s much easier then. But I think this has to wait until I’m in down under. :(

    I borrowed a book from the library and it uses the sounds (phonology) of the letters. It works quite well but is still very difficult when you’re trying to teach it to yourself. I’m able to build simple sentences and talk about myself and introduce my family. But that’s about it. :D

    [i]Originally posted by yap_nass[/i]

    [quote]
    [i]Originally posted by Meli[/i]
    soursdey yap_nas. Dja, kyom sok se bai. yap_ nas sok se bai dtei?
    kyom jong reeyun pet sar khmer. kyom jek neeyei pet sar khmer tet tet.

    Kyom jol jit mahope khmer. :D

    kyom sok sabbai tomada.

    men deng sos tha Meli ches niyeay peasar Khmer tich tich. Yerng aj niyeay peasar Khmer cheamouy knear.

    Laor nas. Mahope Khmer chgan. Kyom chol chet mahope teng oss pii kroub protes oy teh mahope os nos chgan :)

    Now we need to get you to type in the Khmer scripts.

    [/quote]

    #143043
    Avatar of yap_nass
    yap_nass
    Participant

    ^ You should come soon.

    #143058
    Avatar of Meli
    Meli
    Participant

    Believe me, I will come asap!!! :)

    [i]Originally posted by yap_nass[/i]
    ^ You should come soon.

    #143072
    Avatar of MrNObody
    MrNObody
    Participant

    samo let teach u some khmers.

    sok sabai te oun somlanh? it mean how r u today? now said to yab-nass next time to two meet. :D

    #143084
    Avatar of yap_nass
    yap_nass
    Participant

    ^^ samo will say no such things to me. Samo and his girlfriend will call me BONG.

    and I would appreciate it if you’d cut the crap.

    #143100
    Avatar of samo
    samo
    Participant

    it’s just his ways of showing interests in you yap nas. it’s all good :)

    [i]Originally posted by yap_nass[/i]
    ^^ samo will say no such things to me. Samo and his girlfriend will call me BONG.

    and I would appreciate it if you’d cut the crap.

    #143115
    Avatar of MrNObody
    MrNObody
    Participant

    u r a guy. u shouldn’t worry. trust me samo will not share his lover with another guy. :D

    [i]Originally posted by yap_nass[/i]
    ^^ samo will say no such things to me. Samo and his girlfriend will call me BONG.

    and I would appreciate it if you’d cut the crap.

    #143130
    Avatar of yap_nass
    yap_nass
    Participant

    ^ a guy like me do not fancy other men or their girls. I think samo’s girl is cute but I would never ever consider stealing her from him or share her. I’m not her type…she only like smelly samo :p

    #143142
    Avatar of MrNObody
    MrNObody
    Participant

    so u smell samo before. i wonder what make u went for his smell?

    [i]Originally posted by yap_nass[/i]
    ^ a guy like me do not fancy other men or their girls. I think samo’s girl is cute but I would never ever consider stealing her from him or share her. I’m not her type…she only like smelly samo :p

    #143161
    Avatar of samo
    samo
    Participant

    just tell yap nass that you like her. be a real man and stop being a lil biacth :P

    [i]Originally posted by MrNObody[/i]
    so u smell samo before. i wonder what make u went for his smell?

    [quote]
    [i]Originally posted by yap_nass[/i]
    ^ a guy like me do not fancy other men or their girls. I think samo’s girl is cute but I would never ever consider stealing her from him or share her. I’m not her type…she only like smelly samo :p

    [/quote]

    #143176
    Avatar of MrNObody
    MrNObody
    Participant

    i’m not into tomboy. we khmer called it sreykteouy. :D

    [i]Originally posted by samo[/i]
    just tell yap nass that you like her. be a real man and stop being a lil biacth :P
    [quote]
    [i]Originally posted by MrNObody[/i]
    so u smell samo before. i wonder what make u went for his smell?

    [quote]
    [i]Originally posted by yap_nass[/i]
    ^ a guy like me do not fancy other men or their girls. I think samo’s girl is cute but I would never ever consider stealing her from him or share her. I’m not her type…she only like smelly samo :p

    [/quote]
    [/quote]

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)