XBOX vs PS3

Latest Forums The Chatterbox XBOX vs PS3

This topic contains 84 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Legends 6 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 85 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #289877
    Profile photo of crazymonk
    crazymonk
    Participant
    • Posts: 5515

    [i]Originally posted by BrotherMan[/i]
    I have the 360…enjoying it…but it seems the Wii is kicking the 360 and PS3 ass on console sales.

    the wii’s motion controller gimmick worked out very well for nintendo. Though it’s not a graphical powerhouse, at least it has better games than the ps3.

    #289888
    Profile photo of wh0lsthatguy
    wh0lsthatguy
    Participant
    • Posts: 1496

    3k pc?? I built a PC for a friend the other week that only costed him $1300 and that thing ran Crysis without any problems. No SLi or anything. That is worthless unless you’re going to run a 30″ monitor. $1300 was without monitor.

    #289900
    Profile photo of
    Anonymous
    • Posts: 7768

    I have the Nintendo Wii, and IMO it doesn’t have better games than the PS3 , not even close to the Gamecube although understandable. The online features are pale in comparison to the PS3. The graphics looks worse than some Gamecube games, too many stupid gimmick mini games. I actually don’t get why the sales are so high for the Nintendo Wii. Maybe because it’s cheap and it’s just a gimmick system. But just like the PS3, the Wii needs time to develop. There are good games coming out soon for both systems. For a fact, the PS3 will have good games coming out since MGS, FF, GT, Tekken, RE are sure to be instant hits. The Wii only really has Super Smash Brawl that is for sure a good game.

    On another note, I really don’t like the system design of the Nintendo Wii versus the PS3. I expected Sony would do their regular stupid designs where they make you buy ‘special’ adapters, plugs, sd cards etc. for their Sony Product. For example, instead of using a regular SD card for their PSP, they make you buy the sony PSP cards. But with the PS3, there is NO ‘special’ Sony type of adapters. I was surprised because that’s one of the main reasons I wouldn’t want to buy sony products.

    You know how video game systems usually make you use or buy system specifics adapters (if you happen to lose them), video outputs, and controller ports, you don’t have any of those ‘special’ accessories for the PS3. You can actually plug in regular HDMI cables to go HD, a PC powerplug (I think) to the PS3 to power it up, and the best part is that you can recharge your PS3 controller using a USB port, even the one on your laptop, which I prefer over the system since laptop are wireless too.

    On the Nintendo Wii side, the Wii has all these special types of adapters, although normal, but annoying. Why can’t they use the gamecube video out plugs and adapter? I also don’t like how the controllers don’t come rechargeable. I have to dish out another $20-30 bucks for that and it’s not easily rechargeable as the PS3. Then the MOST annoying part of the Nintendo Wii is that stupid motion sensor. It’s so small and the wire for is so tiny like the ones you find in earphones that always break on you. I know I just know I’m going to have to replace it because I travel with my Nintendo Wii.

    Again, don’t really know why the Nintendo Wii is selling so well. I would buy it still even if the system were to suck because I’m a Nintendo fan. It sucks though that is selling out and going beyond its original price because it’s only really worth its original price.

    [i]Originally posted by crazymonk[/i]

    [quote]
    [i]Originally posted by BrotherMan[/i]
    I have the 360…enjoying it…but it seems the Wii is kicking the 360 and PS3 ass on console sales.

    the wii’s motion controller gimmick worked out very well for nintendo. Though it’s not a graphical powerhouse, at least it has better games than the ps3. [/quote]

    #289912
    Profile photo of crazymonk
    crazymonk
    Participant
    • Posts: 5515

    [i]Originally posted by wh0lsthatguy[/i]
    3k pc?? I built a PC for a friend the other week that only costed him $1300 and that thing ran Crysis without any problems. No SLi or anything. That is worthless unless you’re going to run a 30″ monitor. $1300 was without monitor.

    Well my bro built his computer for 1300 and still have problems playing games like fury. Really good graphic cards will up his bill to upward 2k. 3k is if you buy a good one from the factory without building one yourself.

    #289924
    Profile photo of crazymonk
    crazymonk
    Participant
    • Posts: 5515

    [i]Originally posted by agent0o5[/i]
    I have the Nintendo Wii, and IMO it doesn’t have better games than the PS3 , not even close to the Gamecube although understandable. The online features are pale in comparison to the PS3. The graphics looks worse than some Gamecube games, too many stupid gimmick mini games. I actually don’t get why the sales are so high for the Nintendo Wii. Maybe because it’s cheap and it’s just a gimmick system. But just like the PS3, the Wii needs time to develop. There are good games coming out soon for both systems. For a fact, the PS3 will have good games coming out since MGS, FF, GT, Tekken, RE are sure to be instant hits. The Wii only really has Super Smash Brawl that is for sure a good game.

    On another note, I really don’t like the system design of the Nintendo Wii versus the PS3. I expected Sony would do their regular stupid designs where they make you buy ‘special’ adapters, plugs, sd cards etc. for their Sony Product. For example, instead of using a regular SD card for their PSP, they make you buy the sony PSP cards. But with the PS3, there is NO ‘special’ Sony type of adapters. I was surprised because that’s one of the main reasons I wouldn’t want to buy sony products.

    You know how video game systems usually make you use or buy system specifics adapters (if you happen to lose them), video outputs, and controller ports, you don’t have any of those ‘special’ accessories for the PS3. You can actually plug in regular HDMI cables to go HD, a PC powerplug (I think) to the PS3 to power it up, and the best part is that you can recharge your PS3 controller using a USB port, even the one on your laptop, which I prefer over the system since laptop are wireless too.

    On the Nintendo Wii side, the Wii has all these special types of adapters, although normal, but annoying. Why can’t they use the gamecube video out plugs and adapter? I also don’t like how the controllers don’t come rechargeable. I have to dish out another $20-30 bucks for that and it’s not easily rechargeable as the PS3. Then the MOST annoying part of the Nintendo Wii is that stupid motion sensor. It’s so small and the wire for is so tiny like the ones you find in earphones that always break on you. I know I just know I’m going to have to replace it because I travel with my Nintendo Wii.

    Again, don’t really know why the Nintendo Wii is selling so well. I would buy it still even if the system were to suck because I’m a Nintendo fan. It sucks though that is selling out and going beyond its original price because it’s only really worth its original price.

    [quote]
    [i]Originally posted by crazymonk[/i]

    [quote]
    [i]Originally posted by BrotherMan[/i]
    I have the 360…enjoying it…but it seems the Wii is kicking the 360 and PS3 ass on console sales.

    the wii’s motion controller gimmick worked out very well for nintendo. Though it’s not a graphical powerhouse, at least it has better games than the ps3. [/quote]
    [/quote]

    Well if you look at the commercials, it does seem really appealing. It’s the motion controller gimmick. Without it, the wii wouldn’t sell. Parents would look at it and think “wow i bet my kids would love that”. The wii does have better games to me, because anything good on the ps3 is already on the 360. There’s no ps3-only title that interests me atm.

    #289933
    Profile photo of ShyBoi
    ShyBoi
    Participant
    • Posts: 633

    I’d say PS3 and to say that ps3 has no game is totally bs.
    360 has too much fps games.

    #289945
    Profile photo of HeAtz_oN
    HeAtz_oN
    Participant
    • Posts: 1324

    Nahhh, I built mines for about $600 but that doesn’t include a video card..So i spend about $249 for one and mines could run about the lastest a best graphic game..It not pretty much the hardware..you just gotta get good drivers for it to work good..usually ones that come ship by factory give generic driver and cause conflict with hardware that use same drviers. I play cod4 on my pc and console it runnig about the same speed my my pc can do multitask i play game on one screen and work on the other…I must say I got about 4 gigs of memory DDR2 to handle all of that tho..

    [i]Originally posted by agent0o5[/i]
    I would think a $3k PC technology nowadays would surpass the PS3 or Xbox 360, can you source your fact? But anyways if you want games for the best graphics, you have to pay up. In choosing which system I’ll want, I’m more concerned with the game titles than which has the insignificantly better graphics, which is why my first next gen system was the Nintendo Wii, but quite disappointed with the quality of titles I hoped for.

    How about you and other Xbox owners, what made you choose a Xbox 360 over the PS3 or Nintendo Wii.

    [quote]
    [i]Originally posted by crazymonk[/i]
    you’d need a high end pc, cost you at least 3gs to play within the caliber of a next-gen console.

    [/quote]

    #289955
    Profile photo of crazymonk
    crazymonk
    Participant
    • Posts: 5515

    [i]Originally posted by ShyBoi[/i]
    I’d say PS3 and to say that ps3 has no game is totally bs.
    360 has too much fps games.

    There’s a difference between having no games, and no good games.

    #289967
    Profile photo of KhmerCasanova
    KhmerCasanova
    Participant
    • Posts: 4978

    I would say PS3 because it will have RPG’s in the future.

    #289978
    Profile photo of ShyBoi
    ShyBoi
    Participant
    • Posts: 633

    WTF, you know what I meant. The ps3 does have good games. I’m lazy to name a few, check gamerankings. It’s better to invest in a ps3 right now since 2008 is the year for the ps3.

    [i]Originally posted by crazymonk[/i]

    [quote]
    [i]Originally posted by ShyBoi[/i]
    I’d say PS3 and to say that ps3 has no game is totally bs.
    360 has too much fps games.

    There’s a difference between having no games, and no good games.[/quote]

    #289990
    Profile photo of crazymonk
    crazymonk
    Participant
    • Posts: 5515

    [i]Originally posted by HeAtz_oN[/i]
    Nahhh, I built mines for about $600 but that doesn’t include a video card..So i spend about $249 for one and mines could run about the lastest a best graphic game..It not pretty much the hardware..you just gotta get good drivers for it to work good..usually ones that come ship by factory give generic driver and cause conflict with hardware that use same drviers. I play cod4 on my pc and console it runnig about the same speed my my pc can do multitask i play game on one screen and work on the other…I must say I got about 4 gigs of memory DDR2 to handle all of that tho..
    [quote]
    [i]Originally posted by agent0o5[/i]
    I would think a $3k PC technology nowadays would surpass the PS3 or Xbox 360, can you source your fact? But anyways if you want games for the best graphics, you have to pay up. In choosing which system I’ll want, I’m more concerned with the game titles than which has the insignificantly better graphics, which is why my first next gen system was the Nintendo Wii, but quite disappointed with the quality of titles I hoped for.

    How about you and other Xbox owners, what made you choose a Xbox 360 over the PS3 or Nintendo Wii.

    [quote]
    [i]Originally posted by crazymonk[/i]
    you’d need a high end pc, cost you at least 3gs to play within the caliber of a next-gen console.

    [/quote]
    [/quote]

    Of course you can play the game, but it wouldnt look anything close to gears of wars on a 360. Most games has a certain hardware criteria for you to run the game, but they always try to set it at the lowest. Just because you can play the game, doesnt mean it’s anywhere close to the graphical quality of a 360.

    #290001
    Profile photo of DarkKnight
    DarkKnight
    Participant
    • Posts: 246

    I say as of right now the xbox, but the PS3 is gaining up on it soon with great game being release this year and not to mention great update such as HOME, which I heard is being push back to this spring. All the PS3 is lacking right now are games. I know it does have great exclusive games, but not as much as the xbox. Nor does the PS3 have different title from different genre to chose from, but it look like that will be changing soon. Plus blue-ray is > than HD dvd.

    #290013
    Profile photo of khalir
    khalir
    Participant
    • Posts: 84

    [i]Originally posted by agent0o5[/i]
    Yeah, that’s what I’ve heard and seen through trailers too. The Xbox versions do look better. I’ve also heard that the PC versions look better than both. Overall though, there’s not that much of a significant difference to complain or care about. I mean it’s not like the Xbox 360 version makes the PS3 version look like the Nintendo Wii graphics. On another note, the Nintendo Wii graphics sometimes look like Gamecube graphics, not cool.

    [quote]
    [i]Originally posted by Soeun_Lang[/i]
    Majority of all multi-platform looks better on the XBox 360. Madden 360, Call of Duty, Rainbow 6, and about every single sports game.

    [/quote]

    quit comparing consoles to pc. the poster asked about te 360 vs ps3. notice he didn’t mention anything about pc. did you go to derek zoolander’s school for kids that can’t read good? besides have you seen crytek? here’s the minimum, to even see still frames of the game:

    OS – Windows XP or Windows Vista **you apple fanboys are sol**
    Processor – 2.8GHz or faster (XP); 3.2GHz or faster * (Vista)
    Memory – 1GB RAM or 1.5GB RAM (Vista)
    Video Card – 256MB **
    Hard Drive – 12GB
    Sound Card – DirectX 9.0c compatible

    believe me, you’re 4 year old gateway will pee when you slip in that crysis dvd.

    as far as graphics and games, the 360 owns. although resistance2 looks good, but so does gears2. i dunno, games for the ps3 sux. heavenly sword sux. drakes was alright, but i have more green 360’s cases than white or clear combined. 360 has more games that people play. the numbers prove it:

    Xbox 360: hardware to software ratio: 6.59 (hardware total sold = 6.8 million; software total sold = 44.8 million)

    PlayStation 3: hardware to software ratio: 3.58 (hardware total sold = 1.9 million; software total sold = 6.8 million)

    Wii: hardware to software ratio: 3.44 (hardware total sold = 4.5 million; software total sold = 15.5 million)

    there, you have the answers. people with 360’s own have a better selection and buy more games than the ps3 that offers stupid games. the wii play shouldn’t even count as a game, i only bought it because it had the extra controller for 10 bucks, compared to buying the controller alone for 40 bucks, and i bet millions more did the same thing.

    #290023
    Profile photo of
    Anonymous
    • Posts: 7768

    You can’t help but talk about the PC in console wars when consoles are technically nothing more than “gaming PC.”

    I understand that a PC that is capable of producing better graphics than these new gen. systems are going to be more expensive. But it makes more sense to me if I’m concerned about “graphics” to invest in a PC than a console.

    But I’ll rather buy a system for its exclusive titles. I see that with Nintendo and PS3. I don’t see that with the Xbox. Xbox titles that are worthwhile usually end up in the PS3 or/and the PC. Look at Gears of Wars; it’s in PC now, probably the only game I would get an Xbox for.

    Besides that, I’ll rather play FPS online such as Call of Duty 4 without paying the extra Xbox fee, which you can do with the PS3.

    Overall, a PS3 is the better deal. You can play online without a stupid fee, watch blu-ray or “hd dvd” without buying a stupid add on, and playing exclusive titles that will stay exclusive.

    [i]Originally posted by khalir[/i]

    [quote]
    [i]Originally posted by agent0o5[/i]
    Yeah, that’s what I’ve heard and seen through trailers too. The Xbox versions do look better. I’ve also heard that the PC versions look better than both. Overall though, there’s not that much of a significant difference to complain or care about. I mean it’s not like the Xbox 360 version makes the PS3 version look like the Nintendo Wii graphics. On another note, the Nintendo Wii graphics sometimes look like Gamecube graphics, not cool.

    [quote]
    [i]Originally posted by Soeun_Lang[/i]
    Majority of all multi-platform looks better on the XBox 360. Madden 360, Call of Duty, Rainbow 6, and about every single sports game.

    [/quote]

    quit comparing consoles to pc. the poster asked about te 360 vs ps3. notice he didn’t mention anything about pc. did you go to derek zoolander’s school for kids that can’t read good? besides have you seen crytek? here’s the minimum, to even see still frames of the game:

    OS – Windows XP or Windows Vista **you apple fanboys are sol**
    Processor – 2.8GHz or faster (XP); 3.2GHz or faster * (Vista)
    Memory – 1GB RAM or 1.5GB RAM (Vista)
    Video Card – 256MB **
    Hard Drive – 12GB
    Sound Card – DirectX 9.0c compatible

    believe me, you’re 4 year old gateway will pee when you slip in that crysis dvd.

    as far as graphics and games, the 360 owns. although resistance2 looks good, but so does gears2. i dunno, games for the ps3 sux. heavenly sword sux. drakes was alright, but i have more green 360’s cases than white or clear combined. 360 has more games that people play. the numbers prove it:

    Xbox 360: hardware to software ratio: 6.59 (hardware total sold = 6.8 million; software total sold = 44.8 million)

    PlayStation 3: hardware to software ratio: 3.58 (hardware total sold = 1.9 million; software total sold = 6.8 million)

    Wii: hardware to software ratio: 3.44 (hardware total sold = 4.5 million; software total sold = 15.5 million)

    there, you have the answers. people with 360’s own have a better selection and buy more games than the ps3 that offers stupid games. the wii play shouldn’t even count as a game, i only bought it because it had the extra controller for 10 bucks, compared to buying the controller alone for 40 bucks, and i bet millions more did the same thing. [/quote]

    #290033
    Profile photo of khalir
    khalir
    Participant
    • Posts: 84

    agent, if you only knew. sony laughed at ms for being the only *next gen* (though the wii is hardly next-gen) console without the motion technology and stated that rumble was so yesterday. look what happened. few games incorporate it and if they do, it’s pretty much stupid. and for so last year, they’re making the dualshock 3 now. because of the price, sony said people had to get 2 jobs.

    here’s a good quote:

    “We have built up a certain brand equity over time since the launch of PlayStation in 1995 and PS2 in 2000 that the first five million are going to buy it [the PS3], whatever it is, even if it didn’t have games.” David Reeves, CEO, Sony Computer Entertainment Europe.

    It’s just the arrogance of the statement, regardless of truth, that has a growing number of people seriously looking for any reason not to buy another Sony product. A real “love the product/hate the company” attitude is building.

    Sony fans are jaded while marginal gamers and potential high-definition customers are taking a wait-and-see approach. Sony’s not listening to its fans because it doesn’t have to. A large number of gamers are resigned to the fact that their PS2 will remain their platform of choice for at least another 18 months. And why not, it’s cheap as hell and the games keep on coming.

    Sadly, not enough people will know or care about Sony’s indiscretions to stop good, but not great, PS3 sales. The cattle will take their wallets and kids to PC World when the new Playstation hits because that’s what they have always done. But underneath the sales, all is not well in paradise. The Sony crown has lost its shine and the company’s shoddy treatment of customers and fans, coupled with its unhealthy fascination with copyright protection technology, spells long-term trouble on way.

    i could go on and on, but i digress. to bad i’m such a gadget whore, otherwise, i’d do to sony what i’ve done to apple, never give them 1 dime. apple, how stupid is it for morons to buy an ipod shuffle and think it’s the greatest thing? there are cheaper players that are better and can not only shuffle, but have a screen. apple fanboys are stoopid. like i’v always said, if steve-o dropped his pants and let out an glossy white i-turd, you apple fanboys would pay 500 just to lick it up.

    #290045
    Profile photo of
    Anonymous
    • Posts: 7768

    hmm. I see where your animosity towards Sony is coming from. This is the first time I’ve heard about that. Thanks for sharing.

    Yeah, I never liked the apple ipod before, but I’ve jumped the bandwagon. But only because I got it as a gift. I do like it though, but I don’t know what’s so great about it. It looks good?

    [i]Originally posted by khalir[/i]
    agent, if you only knew. sony laughed at ms for being the only *next gen* (though the wii is hardly next-gen) console without the motion technology and stated that rumble was so yesterday. look what happened. few games incorporate it and if they do, it’s pretty much stupid. and for so last year, they’re making the dualshock 3 now. because of the price, sony said people had to get 2 jobs.

    here’s a good quote:

    “We have built up a certain brand equity over time since the launch of PlayStation in 1995 and PS2 in 2000 that the first five million are going to buy it [the PS3], whatever it is, even if it didn’t have games.” David Reeves, CEO, Sony Computer Entertainment Europe.

    It’s just the arrogance of the statement, regardless of truth, that has a growing number of people seriously looking for any reason not to buy another Sony product. A real “love the product/hate the company” attitude is building.

    Sony fans are jaded while marginal gamers and potential high-definition customers are taking a wait-and-see approach. Sony’s not listening to its fans because it doesn’t have to. A large number of gamers are resigned to the fact that their PS2 will remain their platform of choice for at least another 18 months. And why not, it’s cheap as hell and the games keep on coming.

    Sadly, not enough people will know or care about Sony’s indiscretions to stop good, but not great, PS3 sales. The cattle will take their wallets and kids to PC World when the new Playstation hits because that’s what they have always done. But underneath the sales, all is not well in paradise. The Sony crown has lost its shine and the company’s shoddy treatment of customers and fans, coupled with its unhealthy fascination with copyright protection technology, spells long-term trouble on way.

    i could go on and on, but i digress. to bad i’m such a gadget whore, otherwise, i’d do to sony what i’ve done to apple, never give them 1 dime. apple, how stupid is it for morons to buy an ipod shuffle and think it’s the greatest thing? there are cheaper players that are better and can not only shuffle, but have a screen. apple fanboys are stoopid. like i’v always said, if steve-o dropped his pants and let out an glossy white i-turd, you apple fanboys would pay 500 just to lick it up.

    [Message last modified 02-24-2008 01:14am by agent0o5]

    #290056
    Profile photo of khalir
    khalir
    Participant
    • Posts: 84

    [i]Originally posted by BrotherMan[/i]
    I have the 360…enjoying it…but it seems the Wii is kicking the 360 and PS3 ass on console sales.

    it only seems that way. the ps3 has a long way to go to bridge the gap. here’s the numbers:

    wii: 20.13 million
    360: 17.7 million
    ps3: 10.49 million

    don’t forget about the attach rates. the 360 has a better selection of games and it shows. more people buy games for their 360 than those other 2 consoles. the wii and ps3 has a crappy selection of games that they couldn’t pay me to play, let alone me paying them.

    and i hear ya ps3 fanboys, yea, sure the ps3 dosn’t charge to play onlne. GOOD DAMN THING. it sux, it’s a crime if sony charged me considering their infrastructure blows. c’mon. are you that cheap?!! it’s 3 bucks a month. 13 months for 40 bux. and it’s more fluid and a better experience than whatever the ps3 on. the wii? it’s basically nonexsistent. oh yea, they’ll have wii PAY and play. yep, PAY as in no more freebies. so there, now you wii fanboys can’t use that free excuse anymore. will it be as good as the live service? probably not.

    #290070
    Profile photo of RotaryBoy
    RotaryBoy
    Participant
    • Posts: 8271

    hahah I read somewhere the ps2 is still consider the best system out there. I forgot where I read it and why. I just think it’s from than ps2 better than ps3 0-o.

    most of my friends have xbox 2, all they are playing now is Call of Duty.

    one of my friend has PS3, he got some games, but mainly he uses it to watch blu-ray.

    I have a wii, just because my brother bought it for zelda and never use it afterward. He still play halo2 with his modded xbox. I like the fact that I can stream movies from the computer to the wii which is hook up to the large tv. My brother like watching his adult movies that way.

    i thought zelda was awesome for the wii… I played resident evil in the wii. it’s fun, it’s okay, but withouthte recoil, it’s not the same…

    I played dragon quest. I think the game is whack but somethign about swing the wing remote as a sword seems cool. MEtroid prime 3, so far so good. Hard getting use to the controlling.

    Dragonball on the wii is fun.

    Rabbing rabbits with 4 ppl it super fun.

    I think it’s funny when ppl said ps3 gonna have better games. I would wait until the games come out before actaully buying the system.

    I also thought it was funny when ps3 came out, ppl said it was gonna be sold out. my friend went looking for a wii, couldn’t get it but they had a bunch of ps3, that why he got the ps3. this was back when the systems just came out.

    in my view:
    wii – fun party games ( the next gen of board games)
    ps3 – cheap blu-ray player than can play games.
    xbox2 – modded version of xbox 1 but better specs and more games.

    #290082
    Profile photo of
    Anonymous
    • Posts: 7768

    The people I know including me, my brother, and my friends and his friends own PS3. They all play Call of Duty 4 on it all day. I’m not much of a fan of FPS. I got the PS3 just for Tekken and Gran Turismo. Not really looking forward to any other game on the PS3, really. I’ll be happy with that.

    [i]Originally posted by RotaryBoy[/i]
    one of my friend has PS3, he got some games, but mainly he uses it to watch blu-ray.

    #290092
    Profile photo of Soeun_Lang
    Soeun_Lang
    Participant
    • Posts: 423

    [i]Originally posted by agent0o5[/i]
    The people I know including me, my brother, and my friends and his friends own PS3. They all play Call of Duty 4 on it all day. I’m not much of a fan of FPS. I got the PS3 just for Tekken and Gran Turismo. Not really looking forward to any other game on the PS3, really. I’ll be happy with that.

    [quote]
    [i]Originally posted by RotaryBoy[/i]
    one of my friend has PS3, he got some games, but mainly he uses it to watch blu-ray.

    [/quote]

    Wouldn’t surprise me of Tekken ended up on Xbox 360 also.

    #290103
    Profile photo of RotaryBoy
    RotaryBoy
    Participant
    • Posts: 8271

    hahah four of my firends play CoD with their xbox. My friend with the ps3, don’t wanna get CoD because he won’t be able to play with any of them.

    [i]Originally posted by agent0o5[/i]
    The people I know including me, my brother, and my friends and his friends own PS3. They all play Call of Duty 4 on it all day. I’m not much of a fan of FPS. I got the PS3 just for Tekken and Gran Turismo. Not really looking forward to any other game on the PS3, really. I’ll be happy with that.

    #290114
    Profile photo of Soeun_Lang
    Soeun_Lang
    Participant
    • Posts: 423

    Xbox Live > PS3 Online play

    [i]Originally posted by RotaryBoy[/i]
    hahah four of my firends play CoD with their xbox. My friend with the ps3, don’t wanna get CoD because he won’t be able to play with any of them.

    [quote]
    [i]Originally posted by agent0o5[/i]
    The people I know including me, my brother, and my friends and his friends own PS3. They all play Call of Duty 4 on it all day. I’m not much of a fan of FPS. I got the PS3 just for Tekken and Gran Turismo. Not really looking forward to any other game on the PS3, really. I’ll be happy with that.

    [/quote]

    #290127
    Profile photo of Chensilong
    Chensilong
    Participant
    • Posts: 1822

    I will be getting the PS3 because of Metal Gear Solid 4. Most of Xbox games are FPS and I hate FPS games, always get me dizzy and wanna throw up after 30 minutes of playing it.

    #290138
    Profile photo of
    Anonymous
    • Posts: 7768

    I think you did your math wrong. It’s PS3 Online play > Xbox Live.

    There’s really no $49.99 a year fee to play online on the PS3. That’s 50 bucks a year I can spend somewhere else. That’s a fact. With a PS3, I can play online whenever I feel like it. I would feel stupid if I paid a fee and end up never playing online because I don’t have the time to play. The PS is pretty reliable to play online, never had a problem.

    Here’s some more opinions, less-bias ones.

    http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080116030101AAeC2GG

    [i]Originally posted by Soeun_Lang[/i]
    Xbox Live > PS3 Online play
    [quote]
    [i]Originally posted by RotaryBoy[/i]
    hahah four of my firends play CoD with their xbox. My friend with the ps3, don’t wanna get CoD because he won’t be able to play with any of them.

    [quote]
    [i]Originally posted by agent0o5[/i]
    The people I know including me, my brother, and my friends and his friends own PS3. They all play Call of Duty 4 on it all day. I’m not much of a fan of FPS. I got the PS3 just for Tekken and Gran Turismo. Not really looking forward to any other game on the PS3, really. I’ll be happy with that.

    [/quote]

    [Message last modified 02-27-2008 05:37pm by agent0o5]

    #290149
    Profile photo of Soeun_Lang
    Soeun_Lang
    Participant
    • Posts: 423

    You got to be kidding with PS3’s online play being better than Xbox Live right? lol why are you posting a askyahoo site for a rebuttal? PS3’s online interface is horrible compared to Xbox Live. Xbox Live interface is really simple and intuitive, because everything is integrated into a dashboard. You could be playing a game, watching a movie, listening to music, and then your friend invites you into a game. All you have to do is press the guide button, accept the invite, and then put the disc in. It’ll bring you straight to his game.
    The same goes with voice chats, and messages, they are all integrated into the dash. Yes, you pay 49.99 a year but you get what you paid for.

    Xbox live

    XBLA (demos for every arcade game, classics, and originals)
    XNA
    Movie rentals
    TV shows
    Music Videos
    Original xbox games
    Community videos
    Tournaments
    137+ Demos
    Bigger online community
    In-game invites, messaging, private chat, music, download status.
    Automatic XBLA downloads
    Check friends status eg. what game there playing,what level there on etc…
    Feature rich interface, everythings sorted.
    More add-ons for games.
    Themes, gamerpics
    Download and PLAY demos (no installing)
    ETC ETC….
    SILVER MEMBERS HAVE ALL THESE FEATURES AND MORE BUT CAN’T PLAY GAMES ONLINE.

    PSN

    Free online play
    Website like store
    less content
    weak community
    no in-game features as standard
    online play is less personal
    BS friends list features (short bio, language, name, game playing)
    No official tournaments (that i no of)
    ps1 classics
    original games

    I’m not saying PSN won’t get better but as of right now. Xbox Live owns it! There’s even talks that PSN might redesign the whole online interface too.

    Things might change once PSN add these features though:

    1) In-Game Music and Messaging
    2) In-Game Browser
    3) Download-able movies
    4) Home

    [i]Originally posted by agent0o5[/i]
    I think you did your math wrong. It’s PS3 Online play > Xbox Live.

    There’s really no $49.99 a year fee to play online on the PS3. That’s 50 bucks I can spend somewhere else. That’s a fact. I can play online whenever I feel like it. I would feel stupid if I paid a fee and end up never playing online because I don’t have the time to play.

    Here’s some more opinion, less-bias ones.

    http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080116030101AAeC2GG

    [quote]
    [i]Originally posted by Soeun_Lang[/i]
    Xbox Live > PS3 Online play
    [quote]
    [i]Originally posted by RotaryBoy[/i]
    hahah four of my firends play CoD with their xbox. My friend with the ps3, don’t wanna get CoD because he won’t be able to play with any of them.

    [quote]
    [i]Originally posted by agent0o5[/i]
    The people I know including me, my brother, and my friends and his friends own PS3. They all play Call of Duty 4 on it all day. I’m not much of a fan of FPS. I got the PS3 just for Tekken and Gran Turismo. Not really looking forward to any other game on the PS3, really. I’ll be happy with that.

    [/quote]
    [/quote]

    [/quote]

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 85 total)